advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tivo HD and HD SMART Tests, keeps running
Posted by: Microman
Date: May 09, 2014 07:46AM
Have two TIVO HDs. Having some electrical work done, and I guess we turned the electricity on and off to much, as the TIVO keeps rebooting.

Right now I am doing a KICKSTART test 54 , where it is running the SMART tests

Test has run all day yesterday and last night and is still running.

Initial State Pass
Short Test Pass
Conveyance test No Start
Extended test NotSupoorted
Off Line Scan Running
Test time (set) 255:54
Test time (elapsed) 1282:35

Have the original drive available, as this one was a bit bigger when I put it in 5+ years ago.

WOnder if I should let it run?, Will get into a chat with TIVO, today, after kids off.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tivo HD and HD SMART Tests, keeps running
Posted by: Forrest
Date: May 09, 2014 09:13AM
I'd say it's time for a new hard drive or a new Tivo. My TivoHD was starting to act-up (reboot), so I took advantage of the deal in March to get a new Tivo Premeire 500GB with 802.11n adapter for $50 from Tivo.
Posted by: Microman
Date: May 09, 2014 11:01AM
Do you have lifetime, or monthly?

Currently I pay $6.95 a month. How do you like the Tivo Premeire?

I now they like to keep customers, wonder how I would be treated?, if I called
Posted by: Forrest
Date: May 09, 2014 11:58AM
The new Tivo Premeire has monthly service. $12.99/month with the multi-service discount. I was paying yearly on the HD - will not renew it this year. It has a faster CPU than the TivoHD, which is not really noticable unless you're transferring files between Tivos- where transfers are twice as fast on the Premeire. Also the Premeire is fully compatabile with the Tivo iOS app, while about 1/2 the functions don't work on the HD.
Posted by: ADent
Date: May 11, 2014 12:25AM
You can pull the drive and run the factory tools on it or disk tools like SpinRite, but if the data on the drive was corrupted it won't help.

If you don't mind losing the current shows, it may be time to get a 2TB drive and upgrade again. My TiVoHD and Premire4 have 2TB drives.

Also the power supplies on the TiVo HD tend to bulge capacitors. You can rig a PC power supply with an adapter cord or get your existing power supply re-capped if that is the problem. My power supply is still working well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 210
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020