advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Fraud Online on wife"s AMX card
Posted by: Microman
Date: June 22, 2014 10:27PM
I guess its a good thing I am hooked up to Quicken Essentials for Mac, and can keep up to date on charges that come in.

Just got a Paypal charge for 234 and then a refund of 54.

And a charge to a Beltoutlet.com in Ill.

What a pain, having a new card sent.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Fraud Online on wife"s AMX card
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 22, 2014 11:34PM
That happened to me once. AMEX called me while I was waiting at LAX for a flight out. Unfortunately, my rental car reservation at my destination had been made with the AMEX, which they were forced to cancel immediately when I confirmed the charges in question had NOT been authorized by me.

AMEX FedEx'd me a new card the next day, sending it to where I was staying in my destination city. It definitely could have been a lot more painful than it was - AMEX was pretty great about the whole thing.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2014 11:35PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 23, 2014 07:30AM
beltoutlet ? I'm Innocent, I tell ya !
Posted by: MarkD
Date: June 23, 2014 07:47AM
I have learned the hard way to always tell the credit card company to overnight the replacement--otherwise you end up waiting extra days while your finances are in flux. I found it helpful to print out your statement before the credit card company cancels your card and there is no computer reference until the new card arrives and you setup the account.
Posted by: robfilms
Date: June 24, 2014 07:50AM
my wife and i had our amex card comprised due to our on-line use.

we decided to then set-up a "free" card - in our case a visa card - and that would be our dedicated online card.

if there was ever an issue, shutting down the single online card would not affect many other family financial issues.

it has been successful for us.

i think these days you almost need to assume that your online credit card will be compromised. it is not really a question of "if" but "when".

ymmv

be well.

rob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 267
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018