advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Powerbook screen quality?
Posted by: insider
Date: January 09, 2006 08:14AM
I'm guess this question comes from my recent visit to Circuit City (car installation).

I noticed that nearly every laptop LCD was covered with a sort of plastic or glass that seemed to increase the contrast and all the displays seemed twice as bright as those done by apple and other laptops that lack this overlay.

What is this overlay, what about it makes the screen look so nice and is apple planning anything like it in it's future power books?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Powerbook screen quality?
Posted by: kap
Date: January 09, 2006 10:29AM
I have noticed that the LCD brightness and clarity of Windows laptops are much better than Apple powerbooks as well. Heck, even our POS Dell Inspiron laptop has better sound than my own beloved G4 12 inch DVI powerbook sad smiley Isn't SONY Apple LCD screens' manufactor?

Kap

SoCal for now.
Posted by: endymion
Date: January 09, 2006 11:01AM
I have a new PowerBook G4 15" hi-res screen.

It's not the brightest, but the screen is an order of magnitude better than the 12" iBook i sit next to it.

Keep in mind when you're at a retailer, they have lighting conditions designed to optimize the screen's appearance. When you're actually using a laptop, the conditions are less than optimal.

g=
Posted by: SteveO
Date: January 09, 2006 01:38PM
No, endy, insider has an excellent question. It's not lighting. I've seen these pc laptops at Costco which has _bad_ lighting...there does appear to be some kind of different plastic over the screen to make it look VERY crisp and clear. I have been puzzling over the same thing the past few months and dying to know what the difference is and when we'll get our version of it. ???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 327
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018