The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
CL email doesn't work well.
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 16, 2014 11:06PM
I am browsing CL for some gear and saw this ad. he says:

[cnj.craigslist.org]

"CL email doesn't work well. Anyone interested should directly send to [xxx]@yahoo.com but NOT the CL email in the 'reply' link."

I wonder if this is some type of new scam? I removed the real email address since I don't want to cause the bots to find his email address and spam him, in case he turns out to be a honest seller.

would you reply directly to yahoo as he wants or go throught CL? or just skip these type of ads?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: CL email doesn't work well.
Posted by: Black
Date: September 16, 2014 11:18PM
space-time
I am browsing CL for some gear and saw this ad. he says:

[cnj.craigslist.org]

"CL email doesn't work well. Anyone interested should directly send to [xxx]@yahoo.com but NOT the CL email in the 'reply' link."

I wonder if this is some type of new scam? I removed the real email address since I don't want to cause the bots to find his email address and spam him, in case he turns out to be a honest seller.

would you reply directly to yahoo as he wants or go throught CL? or just skip these type of ads?

Looks 100% legit to me and I completely sympathize. I H A T E the craigslist anon. I've come up with ways of working around it (as has this seller, although the way he's gone about it is going to be puzzling and suspicious to many) but it's resulted in not knowing who you're dealing with most of the time.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 11:20PM by Black.
Date: September 16, 2014 11:19PM
Edit- we need a simple term for what results when you intend to edit a post but instead quote your post and create a new one. Maybe Pinkoos' kid can work on that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 11:21PM by Black.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 16, 2014 11:22PM
CL email works just fine for me. I wouldn't worry about a scam. He can't force you to do anything stupid - you have to do that on your own.
Date: September 16, 2014 11:25PM
hal
CL email works just fine for me. I wouldn't worry about a scam. He can't force you to do anything stupid - you have to do that on your own.

You buy and sell things via the craigslist anon, never having real contact information for the party you're dealing with?

Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: September 16, 2014 11:28PM
Black
hal

You buy and sell things via the craigslist anon, never having real contact information for the party you're dealing with?

I do this all the time.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Date: September 16, 2014 11:31PM
C(-)ris
Black
hal

I do this all the time.

Here's what you and hal have in common (besides maybe living in a city where people can be counted on more or less not to be evil.):
You are both in one place a good part of the day and if someone makes arrangements to come by and then disappears, it's not much of an inconvenience for you.

Posted by: silvarios
Date: September 17, 2014 09:18AM
Black
C(-)ris
Black
hal

I do this all the time.

Here's what you and hal have in common (besides maybe living in a city where people can be counted on more or less not to be evil.):
You are both in one place a good part of the day and if someone makes arrangements to come by and then disappears, it's not much of an inconvenience for you.

Guess that's me as well. I generally have a pretty decent time. Some flake outs, but the local Ikea I suggest as a meeting spot (not on weekends because its a madhouse), is pretty close to me and right off the captial beltway.
Posted by: silvarios
Date: September 17, 2014 09:18AM
Black
Edit- we need a simple term for what results when you intend to edit a post but instead quote your post and create a new one. Maybe Pinkoos' kid can work on that one.

Yeah, I do that all the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 220
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020