advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Credit Score
Posted by: kap
Date: September 19, 2014 01:58PM
Which are the trusted and safe FREE websites to obtain credit scores. No need a detailed report right now. Thanks!

SoCal for now.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Credit Score
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 19, 2014 02:04PM
credit karma gives a free score but its the scoring system from Equifax or Transunion, i forget which. it's close enough check on one score's health.

i decided to get a discover card because you can get your actual FICO score from them free at any time.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 19, 2014 02:49PM
I got mine through mint.com a few weeks ago. It was free.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 19, 2014 03:11PM
Credit Karma is my choice

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Robert M
Date: September 19, 2014 03:29PM
Kap,

Mine, too. I use it along with the info from my Discover card statement. No need to pay for a score because between the two, the number I get is more than sufficiently accurate.

Robert
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 19, 2014 07:41PM
My local bank just started offering a free credit score report, so it must be a "thing" now. Check around.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: September 19, 2014 07:42PM
Scores are just one way of rating a credit profile. The same person, identical reports will be rated differently depending on who is using the information.

Example, American Honda Finance (to just pick one) may consider a borrower "top Tier" because they have had 3 cars in the family and had 6 Hondas over the years, all leased, all never been late. So even though that person as late on a store credit card a few times and has a medical collection against them, American Honda will still offer that person strong rates because of their previous auto loan/lease history.

But they probably would not get approved for a store credit card because of the late payment history in that category.
Posted by: wowzer
Date: September 19, 2014 07:56PM
I just asked the forum and used credit karma (as per the overwhelming response for CK) a few weeks back and it works.

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Posted by: kap
Date: September 19, 2014 11:01PM
wowzer
I just asked the forum and used credit karma (as per the overwhelming response for CK) a few weeks back and it works.

Used it this afternoon. I liked it. BTW, I checked with my credit union csr, he recommended annualcreditreport.com. It provides a free annual report which does not include credit score.

SoCal for now.
Posted by: MarkD
Date: September 20, 2014 06:44AM
Discover was including them on its statements recently.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018