advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Just back from looking at iPhone 6 and 6 Plus at the Verizon store and Apple store
Posted by: JoeM
Date: September 22, 2014 02:30PM
I think I'll be passing on the 6 Plus. I found it difficult to operate it with just one hand. Also the thinness and beveled edges made it feel very insecure in one hand. In fact, I almost dropped it once. I think squared edges might have made it feel better for me. I will want another Aduro case, this time for the 6.

JoeM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Just back from looking at iPhone 6 and 6 Plus at the Verizon store and Apple store
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 22, 2014 02:44PM
All it iPhones have always felt a little slick to me, easy to let slip if I was the least bit careless.

I think part of the 5s' advantage is the width of the flat surround. And that it was flat. It's doesn't surprise me that the 6s might feel a little more slippery.

The addition of a case or front and back protectors made the difference for my other 'Phones.

I'll get to the Store this week to take a look.

I don't expect my view will differ from yours.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: Just back from looking at iPhone 6 and 6 Plus at the Verizon store and Apple store
Posted by: MarkD
Date: September 22, 2014 02:58PM
My wife and I dropped by the verizon store. The iphone 6 were locked down for 6 months on Apple's demand said the salesman. I assume the Apple store allows an individual to hold the phone.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 22, 2014 03:28PM
I assume the Apple store allows an individual to hold the phone.

Yes.

They're on an alarmed tether. But you can hold it as you normally might.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: September 22, 2014 03:32PM
RAMd®d

Yes.

Yes, and I was even able to slip them into my pocket to see how they fit. The plus is not as big as I was expecting, but because of not being able to do the one handed thing, I'll be getting the six.
Posted by: rz
Date: September 22, 2014 03:43PM
Sam's had the 6 on a tethered alarm too. I liked the size of it. Haven't seen a 6+ yet. Probably not getting either since we just got our 5s's back in December.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: September 22, 2014 03:46PM
mstudio
RAMd®d

Yes.

Yes, and I was even able to slip them into my pocket to see how they fit. The plus is not as big as I was expecting, but because of not being able to do the one handed thing, I'll be getting the six.

I watched a petite young woman for a while as she checked out the 6 Plus in the Verizon store. She must have spent about 5 minutes with it, all the time, always using two hands. When done I asked her if she thought she could use it with one hand and she said yes. She said she didn't see much difference between it and the same size Samsung.

JoeM
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 22, 2014 03:58PM
I almost never use my 5 with one hand, so I think I would like the 6+.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 03:58PM by rgG.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 22, 2014 04:01PM
I've fiddled with a 6, and my little hands found it OK. I can imagine my experience with the 6+ will be similar to yours.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 22, 2014 04:36PM
My rather large hands have no issues with the size of the 6. It fits well in my front pockets.

I used the 3GS without protection. I liked that shape. Even though it was slick, the shape fit very well and I always had a good grip on it. I put protection on my 4S, but the rubbery case made it much harder to ship in and out of my pocket. Dropped only once from about 2" onto pavement - no damage.

I REALLY like the 6 just as it is - a case of any size is gonna make it bigger and less comfortable. I'm gonna be really choosy when looking for a case - it's bare at the moment.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 22, 2014 05:40PM
Ordered a 6 here. Don't care for the larger Plus size. Being able to deal with it one handed and pocket it is important to me.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 22, 2014 07:28PM
Interesting. I have a mockup on the 6+; used my friend's 6 today.

The 6 reminds me a lot of the original iPhone. I don't think you want to put that in a large case - you won't be able to use it one-handed.
Posted by: decay
Date: September 23, 2014 10:50AM
i have very big hands. XL gloves are often tight. i can palm a basketball.

ergo, a 6+ would be fine with me.

---
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 23, 2014 11:17AM
decay
i have very big hands. XL gloves are often tight. i can palm a basketball.

ergo, a 6+ would be fine with me.

I have very small hands. I will just use both of them, so a 6+ would be fine with me, too. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 23, 2014 02:29PM
decay
I can palm a basketball.

One of the most impressive things you've ever said. Now go dunk it.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 23, 2014 04:39PM
I can't think of any good reasons to need to use an iPhone one-handed. The reasons I can think of are stuff like using it while driving, using it while walking, using it while carrying boxes, using it while walking with a child and holding its hand: in short, maybe just stop using the iPhone all the time and live like olden times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 04:40PM by $tevie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018