advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Share your "Let no good deed go unpunished" story
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 08, 2014 07:34AM
I have a mountain of these but the one that I still get a chuckle from is suggesting to C(-)ris that he should pick up a backup RB in fantasy football so he could make the playoffs. Not only did he make the playoffs, he beat my team in the championship game. I no longer give him any FFB advice.

Please feel free to share your punished good deed.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Share your "Let no good deed go unpunished" story
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: November 08, 2014 08:46AM
Convincing a buddy at a benefit dinner that he should buy a raffle ticket for a gun safe with a mystery rifle inside. ($1200 safe, $1500 rifle). I was buying one... So he bought one then I bought mine.
Guess which ticket won the Am-Sec safe and .300 Weatherby rifle?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: eustacetilley
Date: November 08, 2014 11:19AM
It was during my first year in College, on a dark and stormy night.
My younger Sister called; she missed her ride home from working the Winter Musical, and would I mind picking her up?
I picked her up.
She had a friend, who had also missed her ride. Would I mind?

Whoo boy... that story still hasn't ended, even after 38 years.

┬ČEustace
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 08, 2014 12:49PM
Yesterday at Starbucks, I stopped in to reply to some emails. I situated myself at a table that kinda blocked some plugs. I could tell people were shy about asking me to use the plugs so I would ask them if they needed to use a plug and would help them plug their whatever in. One lady sat down opposite me with her laptop and I asked if she needed a plug. She said, "Why are asking such a stupid question?" loudly (she never used the plug). I said "Well, sorry." I think she might have been a bit challenged so I felt sorry for her.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 08, 2014 01:21PM
The only times I've helped friends/family order a PC, the machines were taken down by some form of virus within 2 years.

Despite all of the homework getting them a good deal WITH customer support, I was still blamed for the viral infections.

One blamed me for her not using the backup drive she insisted on getting (it used software she preferred).

Another for the lack of updates to their antiviral software (that was a fee-based subscription; I told them it was a cost that should be calculated into the purchased price when we bought the machine).

Bottom line: I do not help people with PC purchases anymore unless I KNOW they can do their own tech support.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: November 10, 2014 07:40AM
I responded to singles ad on Yahoo. The girl and went on a date. The next day she came over for dinner and never went home.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 209
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015