Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
MR Forum Fit Club
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 15, 2014 08:56AM
MR Forum Fit Club

To encourage fitness goals, share experiences, educate and uplift each other.

If you haven't started yet, you are welcome at anytime.

Share as much or as little as you want with the group.

Starting out doesn't need to be a big step, just take that step.

You are worth it.

Well, one more week before my holiday eating begins in earnest. Best of luck with that everyone.

Last week: 3 upper body workouts, 50 sit-ups, 2 1 hour stationary bike sessions

This week: Goal is to do 3 upper body workouts, 2 1hr elliptical sessions.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MR Forum Fit Club
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: December 15, 2014 09:16AM
Walked over three miles over a coastal bridge last week, that was a blast! Now, doing a LOT of yard work, not having to do much work outs on purpose lately because of so much outside work. That's the way I like it. The hard times are when I am away from my place for long periods of time when I have to work at working out!

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: December 15, 2014 09:28AM
I can now walk 2.2 miles up from 1.7 the last time I reported in. I'm beginning some home physical therapy and hope to have a routine set this week.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 15, 2014 10:56AM
pRICE cUBE
Well, one more week before my holiday eating begins in earnest. Best of luck with that everyone.

Same here. But I fell off the wagon this weekend because of holiday parties. I'm in limbo this week.

Still hitting the gym, but not keeping the carbs to a minimum. I'm sitting here with a container of fresh chocolate chip cookies that is hard to resis.....

...OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

*burp*

Oh well. Something to work for next year! I just hope the gym isn't too crowded.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 15, 2014 11:42AM
Unnnnh. I found a store selling maple and bacon cronuts on Saturday. I need to do an extra walk after work.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: December 15, 2014 11:51AM
Awesome pic Lux!
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 15, 2014 01:22PM
Nice posts!

I'm approaching my target weight of 185; now seeing 189 in the mornings. I figure if I can stay under 195 through the holidays, I can finish off the 185 target for 2015.

My wife is asking me whether I'm stable enough for her to get me a present - my first tailored suit!

Keep up the great work, everyone - and remember that holidays can be special. I'm not expecting to keep stable, but I AM going to try to keep portion size reasonable and to go for more walks during my staycation this year.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 15, 2014 02:16PM
sekker

I'm approaching my target weight of 185

Great job!

That's where I want to be in July.
Date: December 15, 2014 06:14PM
Sekker, I once was able to get my weight down to 195 which I hadn't seen since college. I was so happy I went out and bought a tailored suit. I think I was able to wear it exactly one time before I started gaining weight again! Dang I looked good that one day though. :-) Only telling a tale on myself. I will be your biggest cheerleader (I'll even use the pom pom's) to help keep you at your ideal weight.
Date: December 15, 2014 06:26PM
davemchine
Sekker, I once was able to get my weight down to 195 which I hadn't seen since college. I was so happy I went out and bought a tailored suit. I think I was able to wear it exactly one time before I started gaining weight again! Dang I looked good that one day though. :-) Only telling a tale on myself. I will be your biggest cheerleader (I'll even use the pom pom's) to help keep you at your ideal weight.

I'm with you and your concerns. My wife has bounced up and down on her diets over the years.

The difference this time for me is that I've made the changes without a diet. I've been stable for more than six months now. I'm not looking to get a lot lower, that's possible but it wouldn't be stable.

With my positive blood tests, keeping my weight down is no longer just something that would be for me to look good for the babes! I'm literally extending my life this way. So I'm hoping I'll have continued support from my family when I fall off the wagon.
Posted by: wurm
Date: December 15, 2014 07:19PM
I was at 223 in mid July (I'm a hair over 6'1") but my triglycerides were high at my physical. Decided to try Realized I had to do something about it and cut way back on alcohol and bread and broke the 200# barrier in September. Been holding fairly steadily at 198-200 since then.

I actually went shopping for jeans over the weekend and got into a 34" waist...comfortably. Now the trick is to stick with it.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 15, 2014 10:25PM
Gosh, lot's of good reports!

I'm holding steady at 190. 39.9 miles at my treadmill desk last week. No miles outside but that should change a bit this week.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: stephen
Date: December 16, 2014 03:34AM
Some slippage - didn't walk a couple of times due to work madness and holiday demands. Was hoping to break the 200 lb mark before my birthday but now looks like that will be briefly delayed....
Date: December 16, 2014 07:10AM
wurm
I was at 223 in mid July (I'm a hair over 6'1") but my triglycerides were high at my physical. Decided to try Realized I had to do something about it and cut way back on alcohol and bread and broke the 200# barrier in September. Been holding fairly steadily at 198-200 since then.

I actually went shopping for jeans over the weekend and got into a 34" waist...comfortably. Now the trick is to stick with it.

Fantastic! I have a few 34" pants now. I'm hesitating to get more just yet until I can find styles that fit my iPhone6+... The older, baggier pants also have longer pockets (and my phone isn't going on a diet soon!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 217
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020