advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anybody have bad experience with Airvoice?
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: January 07, 2015 04:43PM
I'm finally moving on switching to another cell phone service, and while it looks like there are lots of good options for ATT-compatible service, I'm probably going to choose Airvoice.

But before I do that, if anyone in the Forum has any bad experiences, with Airvoice, please sound out!

Thanks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anybody have bad experience with Airvoice?
Posted by: clay
Date: January 07, 2015 05:04PM
I think I've mentioned them on another thread, but I've been with them since September (I think) on an iPhone 4. $10/month plan.

there are certain things that don't work (like visual voicemail or MMS--but I was aware of both of those before I signed up) like they would on ATT proper. Those aren't deal breakers for me, and there may be workarounds for them on certain handsets (I have no idea).

I've gotten good customer service the couple of times I've needed it. I would say while their website isn't particularly user-friendly, functional, or up to date in some cases, I can usually find what I need, and if not, an email or phone call will get me quick results to my question.

For me, it's a no-brainer to go with an option like air voice. The price can't be matched for the quality of the service, IMHO. I may need to bump up to the $30 unlimited call/text/500mb data for a few months, but I don't really see needing more than the $10 plan offers for my needs for the long run. If you can live with the things you lose (visual voicemail, MMS), go for it.

Oh, and if you want to purchase your calling credits through callingmart.com, they often have 3-5% discounts going that will increase your savings even more. Or, just sign up for auto billing directly with Airvoice, that works too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2015 05:09PM by clay.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: January 08, 2015 07:09AM
Wasn't it Airvoice that 'holds' half your data? (i.e. only 500MB of a 1GB plan usable until you call them to release the remainder).
Posted by: clay
Date: January 08, 2015 11:20AM
Bill in NC
Wasn't it Airvoice that 'holds' half your data? (i.e. only 500MB of a 1GB plan usable until you call them to release the remainder).

I recall something to that effect. My parents are on air voice with the $40 or $50/month plan, and I don't recall mom mentioning having to call to get her data released, but could be wrong.

Maybe a better place to look for current negative reports about air voice would be over at howardforums.com.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 226
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020