You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
gas prices?
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 13, 2015 03:42PM
1.669 at Costco (cash or credit)
1.859 at other retailed
1.999 closest to me (cash)
2.199 BP at a busy intersection

Talking about cash and credit, I used to see a 10 cent difference at some stations, now I think I saw a 20 cent difference a few days ago, but I didn't pass by that station again to check if that was the case or I mixed up the numbers...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: gas prices?
Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 13, 2015 03:46PM
1.95 at Costco a few days ago.
1.99 (cash/credit) at a small chain i frequent.

south side of Atlanta area.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 03:46PM by graylocks.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 13, 2015 03:50PM
Filled up the CRV at $1.59 last night. Cost exactly $20. Amazing.

Unfortunately with oil as low as it is, our business is suffering. I expect belt tightening to start in a month or so.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: January 13, 2015 03:50PM
$1.99 after our last drop a few days ago. Small rural town with three gas stations and it's been years since we've seen prices below 2 bux.

I always pay at pump with credit card, but I don't think there's a discount for cash around here.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: January 13, 2015 04:00PM
1.99 is the lowest I've seen in Central Arkansas.

BTW, it's spelled y'all
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 13, 2015 04:10PM
FWIW...

nice little gas price map here, shows prices all over the US.
[www.gasbuddy.com]
Posted by: billb
Date: January 13, 2015 04:10PM
$1.99 at BJ's, $1.97/CASH down the street

Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Gangsta whitewalls
TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin' the scene
With a gangsta lean
Just be thankful for what you've got

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 04:17PM by billb.
Posted by: Frank
Date: January 13, 2015 04:17PM
The price of paradise ... its just under $3 at Costco and about 50 cents higher at the other stations here on Kauai.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 13, 2015 04:39PM
Diesel falling fast?????

[blog.gasbuddy.com]

Here is gasbuddy.com's forecast for the year (a .pdf file)

[media.gasbuddy.com]

They predict gas will be the lowest this January while Diesel will bottom in March. I'm guessing the Saudi king would chuckle at this forecast.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 04:40PM by Speedy.
Date: January 13, 2015 04:45PM
Frank
The price of paradise ... its just under $3 at Costco and about 50 cents higher at the other stations here on Kauai.

But you make up for it on all your short trips. I've been telling my wife our next car will be electric only. For several years I have been trying to convince my BIL who never drives more than 50 miles in a day to do the same. Instead he bought a gas engine-only Ford Fusion.

Posted by: billb
Date: January 13, 2015 04:53PM
King Abdullah believes he will not see $100/bbl again in his lifetime.
Course, he's pretty old.
This oil glut, worldwide economic slowdown and low prices weren't predicted by the Saud House nor any one else.
They just are and the world, especially the U.S., venezuela, Iran and Russia better accept what is and adjust.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 04:53PM by billb.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 13, 2015 04:57PM
$1.89 at regular old BP a day ago in the MSP area, although I saw it had popped back up to $1.99 today at the corner one nearest my home.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: January 13, 2015 05:02PM
cbelt3

Unfortunately with oil as low as it is, our business is suffering. I expect belt tightening to start in a month or so.

Just curious but what kind of business is it that it's suffering due low oil prices?

Grateful11
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 13, 2015 05:06PM
Grateful11
cbelt3

Just curious but what kind of business is it that it's suffering due low oil prices?

pretty much any business working in renewable energy and their suppliers for example.
Posted by: max
Date: January 13, 2015 05:17PM
space-time
Grateful11
cbelt3

pretty much any business working in renewable energy and their suppliers for example.
...oil field equipment manufacturing, oil field semi skilled blue collar jobs paying six figures, any business that exist in the oil related areas in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. Hundreds of thousands jobs here....
Posted by: wave rider
Date: January 13, 2015 05:20PM
Grateful11
cbelt3

Extraction/drilling businesses. Heard a blurb on NPR about folks being laid off in Oklahoma.

=wr=

edit> Dang it Max, quit being such a quick typist! I still stand by my gold standard from typing class before freshman year of high school; 30 wpm with 80% accuracy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 05:24PM by wave rider.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: January 13, 2015 05:32PM
OPEC just announced that they're going to continue current production rates. I think that they're trying to kill the domestic oil production capacity. I read that the oil fields in the fly-over states are starting to get scared. Things are slowing WAY down and businesses are starting to feel the pinch.

[www.reuters.com]

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Date: January 13, 2015 05:38PM
space-time
Grateful11
cbelt3

Ah that would be true but you know what if I could afford a enough panels to go off grid I'd do it tomorrow
and we use a Heat Pump/Oil Furnace Dual Fuel system for heat and supplement with wood. I'd love to have
an off grid solar array regardless of the cost of electricity or fuel oil.

Grateful11
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 13, 2015 05:48PM
Still close to $3 in metro Cali, around $2.60 in outlying areas, and another $0.15 - 0.20 less in rurals w/o as many local add'l taxes. It ain't Hawaii, but it ain't two-buck-chuck either. Many "convenient" metro stations are over $3, some well over, and figure around $0.20 - 0.25 covenience premium elsewhere around the state.
==
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: January 13, 2015 06:00PM
Grateful11
cbelt3

Nothing personal here but my heart does not bleed for you. All of America has been paying through the nose for fuel while the oil companies rake in OBSCENE profits at my/our expense. I personally was paying $150/week (it used to cost me $35) just to get to and from work. So if you have to tighten your belt then welcome to the club. I'm going for a ride and for the first time in a long time I'm not thinking about the cost of fuel being more than the cost of the rest of the trip.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: freeradical
Date: January 13, 2015 06:02PM
Buzz
Still close to $3 in metro Cali, around $2.60 in outlying areas, and another $0.15 - 0.20 less in rurals w/o as many local add'l taxes. It ain't Hawaii, but it ain't two-buck-chuck either. Many "convenient" metro stations are over $3, some well over, and figure around $0.20 - 0.25 covenience premium elsewhere around the state.
==

We are blessed with cap and trade for transportation fuels starting jan 1...
Date: January 13, 2015 06:15PM
if anyone should know it, it's oil companies that know oil is like any other commodity the @#$%& goes up and
it goes down. They need somewhere around $65/barrel to make fracking viable and quite frankly if it stops
fracking dead in it's tracks so be it, I'll take clear drinking and higher oil prices any day.

I have to agree with Jack D., they've been making money hand over fist for far too long.

This is one family that will not increase our driving just because gas is cheaper. If everyone starts driving
more and buying vehicles that use more fuel then there goes the price of gas back up.

It wasn't long ago corn was $10/bushel. Now it's in the $3-4 range. Not much of an outcry when that happened.

5 states most hurt by falling oil prices
[www.marketwatch.com]

Grateful11
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 13, 2015 06:26PM
The $4+/gallon gas we had in Atlanta a few years ago when the refinery in New Orleans or wherever went out for a while was a good enough wake-up call to realize just how precipitous gas prices can be.

It was especially cute that pump prices shot up nearly instantly, before the distribution channel could even transport the rarer-gas here.

It could $1 a gallon again or under and you wouldn't find me luxuriating in a gas guzzler again.
Posted by: jims
Date: January 13, 2015 08:17PM
$1.69 Sam's Club in Western Arkansas

jims
Posted by: max
Date: January 13, 2015 08:21PM
Jack D.
Grateful11
cbelt3

Nothing personal here but my heart does not bleed for you. All of America has been paying through the nose for fuel while the oil companies rake in OBSCENE profits at my/our expense. I personally was paying $150/week (it used to cost me $35) just to get to and from work. So if you have to tighten your belt then welcome to the club. I'm going for a ride and for the first time in a long time I'm not thinking about the cost of fuel being more than the cost of the rest of the trip.

Those prices also paid for an American blue collar worker making six figures salaries, McDonalds paying $15 to $20 an hour as a starting salary....
Posted by: Pat
Date: January 13, 2015 08:34PM
Diesel is currently available for 14¢ lower per gallon than when I bought my pickup 12 years ago.
Then again it was also $4 more per gallon at one time.
Date: January 13, 2015 08:49PM
billb
King Abdullah believes he will not see $100/bbl again in his lifetime.
Course, he's pretty old.
This oil glut, worldwide economic slowdown and low prices weren't predicted by the Saud House nor any one else.
They just are and the world, especially the U.S., venezuela, Iran and Russia better accept what is and adjust.

The king is wrong unless he dies soon. Oil will swing wildly as it has since 1973 but the trend will be towards an increase in the price of oil. What is happening now is just an odd manipulation of the market juxtaposed with an increase in production in the USA.

Locally, I can buy fuel at today's fixed price and pump it into my vehicle later (prepay [www.firstfuelbank.com] but there is currently about $1/gal premium to do so and that is a tough pill to swallow.) I may do just that. I wish I had done so when prices collapsed during the Great Recession ($2.50/gal locked in price for Diesel, the local market is now a bit under $3/gal.) Since I use mostly Diesel (except in my lawn mower) I think I will wait a couple more months to see if its price will continue to drop as forecast by gasbuddy.com. Since I retired we only use about 50 gallons a month. Still, that $1 premium...

Posted by: jdc
Date: January 14, 2015 12:06AM
$2.19 here in Sac at my local AM/PM, one of the cheapest stations around.

Although Im not happy about Americas oil industry taking it hard right now, and people losing their jobs, etc. -- but I have no problem with the Middle East oil barons losing some revenue. They already have more money than they know what to do with, so they just spend it on crap. While the rest of their country is backwards.

That might be too simplistic of a view -- and I will be the first to admit that I know nothing about the oil industry and how it works, but I hate buying gas at crazy prices.

Some tiny blip and gas goes up 10-30 cents a gallon overnight. tiny blip goes away and it takes 3 months or more for that prince increase to go down.

If there is some crisis tomorrow, by the end of the week my gas could easily go by 10 cents.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 200
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018