advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Do you have protection?
Posted by: jimbrady
Date: October 12, 2006 11:46PM
On your digicam's LCD screen I mean... I just got a new little beauty, and I want to keep it mint, but I've no idea what's the preferred method.

It's a Canon SD800IS, btw... really blowing me away with its performance.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Do you have protection?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 12, 2006 11:53PM
get a form fitting case for it. i got the canon case although lowepro might make something nice as well.

definitely store it in the case.

Date: October 12, 2006 11:57PM
I'm thinking a screen protector to keep my grubby fingerprints off the LCD. The case I'm ambivalent about.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 13, 2006 12:03AM
I own an older model of that camera. Aside from something really really stupid happening, the screen shouldn't be a problem. I'd be more worried about the camera bouncing around in a bag.

Date: October 13, 2006 12:13AM
mattkime
I own an older model of that camera. Aside from something really really stupid happening, the screen shouldn't be a problem. I'd be more worried about the camera bouncing around in a bag.

I get it now--it'll either be in a safe compartment of a photo bag, or (more likely) in my pocket.

I'm not worried about breaking the screen, just of having it look like the screens of my other digicams.

Posted by: Carm
Date: October 13, 2006 12:56AM
[www.ledshoppe.com]

LCD Screen protector, Ships from Hong Kong.

Carm
Posted by: SparkyNimrod
Date: October 14, 2006 12:18AM
These guys make solid protectors...
[www.daproducts.com]

Supporting anecdote - The one time I had my SD300 out of a case (or my pocket), I was in my car and the camera was in center console cupholder. Then another driver lost control and spun across the median into oncoming traffic (i.e. me). After getting out of the hospital, I found the camera under the seat in the back of my totaled car. The plexiglass protector has an impact fracture in the bottom left corner, saving the LCD. Camera still works like a champ.

P.S. This anecdote also functions to support the safety record of Subaru engineering. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 272
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015