advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Another question for the groupmind -- another "how do I do this" thread ... heating element related
Posted by: PeterB
Date: January 27, 2015 11:44PM
Anybody know where I could find a heating element that is shaped in a complete circle (with an empty inner space), ideally an adjustable size circle (small, like 6-9cm), that can be regulated so as to produce low-level heat, like 25-60oC?

I'm thinking maybe Peltier, but conductive might work too...

TiA

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another question for the groupmind -- another "how do I do this" thread ... heating element related
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 28, 2015 01:10AM
A Peltier has a warm side and a cold side so you would need to move the heat from something else in the room. I don't know any that are rings. Keeping a set temp requires a thermostat of some sort.

If you can get a glass tube bent in a circle, a fine nichrome wire could be inserted used to generate a preset wattage, and then set the thermostat

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Re: Another question for the groupmind -- another "how do I do this" thread ... heating element related
Posted by: M>B>
Date: January 28, 2015 01:32AM
Perhaps something from Granger...

[www.grainger.com]

Just nose around on their sight.
Posted by: Forrest
Date: January 28, 2015 04:36AM
Google mug heating element
Posted by: flareslow
Date: January 28, 2015 08:10AM
You could roll your own:

Heat Trace Cable
Posted by: flareslow
Date: January 28, 2015 08:15AM
Heat trace, with the appropriate thermocouple sensor, and one of these:

Controller

and you can maintain the temperature as you propose.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 28, 2015 08:41AM
A new Mac Pro would work.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: billb
Date: January 28, 2015 08:46AM
cylindrical heater bands come in many sizes to warm steel tubes
the ones I've used were 110/220 and an oddball 4x0 volts ac
required a temperature controller/thermocouple in the heated device to turn the band on and off

there are also a number of tubular heating elements

I've had to replace one in the bottom of either a kettle or a hot plate once and spinning windows on ships have them to keep the round window hot to stop ice from forming. Sometimes one of those round windows is the only way they can see out without opening a window or door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 08:53AM by billb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 269
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018