advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Recover Photos from iPhone Restore?
Posted by: MacSoMuch
Date: January 31, 2015 10:53PM
Okay, I really screwed the pooch on this one.

Earlier today, I was asking about moving the calendar from my old 4s to the new 6+. Well, I went ahead and restored the 6+ from a 4s backup and ended up deleting all the photos from the phone - about 2000 of them from a recent trip.

Is there any way to recover these photos? I should note that I switched away from storing photos on the iCloud to dropbox but it looks like only a third of the photos were saved to Dropbox.

Thanks
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Recover Photos from iPhone Restore?
Posted by: onthedownlow
Date: January 31, 2015 11:53PM
The photos should still be on your computer/iTunes from the 4s backup 'file'. You can use various software to extract/restore the photos from that backup.

[www.google.com]

...but perhaps I read that wrong: You had all of the photos on your 6+, and then restored a 4s backup and lost everything (or at least the photos) on your 6+? If so, then if you had recently performed a synce/backup of your 6+ to iTunes, then you can extract from that backup (or just restore it).

Seems like I'm missing something though.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2015 11:57PM by onthedownlow.
Posted by: MEG
Date: February 01, 2015 08:33AM
Best case would be if you backed up before the restore but I'm guessing you didn't. But yes - provided they weren't overwritten when you did the restore - the iPhone is just a fancy hard drive to a recovery program.

Connect the phone to a computer but don't sync/transfer anything else. Then take your weapon of choice (Data Rescue, PhotoRescue, FileSalvage, etc., etc.) and see what you can find. Good luck.
Posted by: MacSoMuch
Date: February 01, 2015 06:17PM
Thank you both for the thoughts.

I didn't think I had a backup of the 6+ but luckily, it turns out that the Mac Mini (or maybe I did) ran a backup before restoring the 6+ from the 4s - meaning that a backup of those photos was still there.

I tried PhotoRescue but couldn't get it to read the iPhone6+ (when I was thinking about trying to extract it from the 6+ hard drive) but then tried Picturescue and it pulled the backup files on my Mac Mini up with no problem and I'm extracting them now.

Thanks again!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 01, 2015 10:17PM
smiley-gen013

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 206
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020