advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPhone 5, Sprint lost all her data tonite
Posted by: bedouin
Date: February 02, 2015 07:38PM
My wife's iPhone had a problem this morning while she was at work. It worked fine in the am then it just would show the white apple logo on the balck screen.

She tried to shut it off but it would not turn off. Next thing I know she went to the Sprint store after work and they told here it was a software glitch and took her phone in the back and did "something".

By the time I was able to talk to her and warn her that the tech may wipe out all her info it was too late.

They did give her back a blank phone but it was updated to 8.1.3!!!

Would not a simple re-boot have taken care of everything???

Luckily I had backed up her phone on iTunes back in November. So she did get some of the grandkids photos but lost everything since November.

Any other way to restore recent data?

What is the best way to keep our iPhones backed up. Both of us plug our phones in at night to our own iMacs.

Do you need to do a manual back up all the time? I have never really bothered to lean about what should be sync-ed or not.

TIA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPhone 5, Sprint lost all her data tonite
Posted by: ADent
Date: February 02, 2015 07:43PM
You should use the iCloud - then your photos will be saved to your photo stream.

I am old school and don't use that, but I do sync regularly with my Mac. Everytime I sync it does a backup.
Posted by: bedouin
Date: February 02, 2015 07:54PM
Mine seems to sync and back up fine but not hers. Guess I better double check her settings in iTunes.
Posted by: kj4btkljv
Date: February 03, 2015 07:32AM
Also, setup her phone to backup over wifi. That way, anywhere she plugs it in to a power source while on your home network, it will back up.

It's in iTunes, but you have to plug the phone directly into the computer to get that setting option.

Jeff
Posted by: MEG
Date: February 03, 2015 08:32AM
bedouin
Any other way to restore recent data?

Restore? No. Recover? Perhaps. Use your favorite disk recovery program (Data Rescue, PhotoRescue, File Salvage, etc., etc.) and have it scan the phone. Anything not overwritten by what the Sprint folks did (probably restored to factory settings) should be recoverable.

bedouin
What is the best way to keep our iPhones backed up. Both of us plug our phones in at night to our own iMacs.

I have mine set to auto sync every time I plug it into the computer so it's usually backed up every night. Or the wifi sync like Jeff said. Easy peasy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 172
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020