advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Trying to buy an upscale car and having a horrible time figuring it out...
Posted by: wowzer
Date: February 06, 2015 08:58PM
I am changing jobs. My new job is 22 miles from home to work. Thus, with 220 weekly commute, I dont want to add gas more than once each 2 weeks. I've developed a spreadsheet with my evaluations for the cars, and it's quite hard to find an obvious winner.

I currently drive a 2002 Acura TL Type S, but it doesn't give me enough miles. I really love this car...the performance and power is great. I wish I could increase the MPG a little and just keep my current ride. Do you guys have any suggestions?

[docs.google.com]

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trying to buy an upscale car and having a horrible time figuring it out...
Posted by: billb
Date: February 06, 2015 09:04PM

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: davester
No brainer. Chevy Volt.

Edit: Actually, now that I look at your spreadsheet I'm changing my recommendation.

1. Tesla Model S.
2. Cadillac ELR (upscale version of Chevy Volt).

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 09:11PM by davester.
Posted by: Billybob
I assume that your Acura is paid for. Is it reliable? How much is annual maintenance? My point is that if you can get 2-3 more years out of it without spending excessively on maintenance, you might be better off delaying the purchase of a new vehicle, which is going to cost you $500-$600/month or more.
Posted by: rgG
Date: February 06, 2015 09:07PM
Look into the tires on the Lexus, before you buy one. When we were car shopping last year, I decided against the Lexus because the tires would have to be replaced twice as often as on other makes, and they were pricey. Might be different now, or on the model you are considering, but it was a deal breaker, for me.

Husband went with the A4 Audi instead.

Why not a Tesla?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 09:08PM by rgG.
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 06, 2015 09:10PM

You won't ever have to add gas. With the 85kWh battery, you'd charge up once a week. (265 mile range)

The performance and power is pretty intense. 380hp, 0-60 in 5.4 seconds

LOL great minds think alike.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 09:11PM by bfd.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 06, 2015 09:10PM
get a volt. the first ~38 miles each day will be electric only. 379 with a full tank - lets say thats 341 miles gas only. you're going 6 miles a day on gas. thats 56 commuting days. 11.2 weeks. how's buying gas 4.6 times a year?

wait - if you can plug in at work you may never buy gas for commuting.

stick poke smiley

Posted by: space-time
Date: February 06, 2015 09:12PM
so you want a car with more than 440 mile range. If that is a must, get one with 500 or even more. Take those estimates with a grain of salt, and don't let your gas tank run almost dry before filling up.
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 06, 2015 09:12PM
He said 'upscale'

(that's why bfd didn't recommend the Plug-in Prius, either)

LOL
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: February 06, 2015 09:24PM
Lincoln MKZ Hybrid?

Tesla would be my first choice--there's some good value out there, if you're willing to buy a used one.

I also like the Lexus ES300h--that's p rob ably the sweet spot for reliability.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 09:27PM by anonymouse1.
Posted by: Psurfer
Date: February 06, 2015 09:30PM
wowzer
I really love this car...the performance and power is great. I wish I could increase the MPG a little and just keep my current ride. Do you guys have any suggestions?
[docs.google.com]

Easy.
#1. Keep a lighter foot on the pedal! The less you call forth that power and performance from your Acura, the higher your mileage will go, and the difference can be significant. Conservative vs spirited driving could easily net a 50% mpg increase.
But ok, if that doesn't sound like fun,
#2. Get a new set of tires for the Acura. The right choice can actually add a few mpg even if you don't alter your acceleration style.
And not even taking into account that your current tires are always inflated to the precise pressure, and the car is tuned up, fresh plugs, wires, air cleaner, etc. if any of those are ready for replacement, noticeable mileage gains will follow.

While it can be fun to imagine spending another forum member's money, I think the better advice would point out that... Even if money were Not an issue, it could be comforting to know that saving that new ride's money down at signing essentially gives you a Get Gas Free card for your existing Accura that's good every fill-up for 2 years.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 09:47PM by Psurfer.
Posted by: jdc
Date: February 06, 2015 09:51PM
Psurfer
Easy.
#1. Keep a lighter foot on the pedal! The less you call forth that power and performance from your Acura, the higher your mileage will go, and the difference can be significant.
But, if that doesn't sound like fun,
#2. Get a new set of tires for the Acura. The right choice can actually add a few mpg even if you don't alter your acceleration style.
And not even taking into account that your current tires are always inflated to the precise pressure, and the car is tuned up, fresh plugs, wires, air cleaner, etc. if any of those are ready for replacement, noticeable mileage gains will follow.

This. Take your foot off the gas. 22 miles? Like a 20 minute commute? Highway or streets?

How can a car thats $60,000 cost less than the extra few gallons of gas you might need for the current car?

Over estimating $20 extra per week X 50 weeks = $2000 extra per YEAR x 30 years = $60000

Have you actually driven *any* of these cars? Choosing a car via a spreadsheet seems like a silly way to pick a car. confused smiley

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 06, 2015 10:05PM
BMW 328d. 15 gallon tank * 37 mpg combined = 555 mile range (edit: brain fade)

MB C300. 18 gallon tank * 28 mpg combined = 504 mile range

Lexus 300h. 17 gallon tank * 39 mpg combined = 663 mile range

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 10:14PM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Posted by: onthedownlow
Date: February 06, 2015 10:09PM
If you don't opt for a Tesla (what's the lead time on those anyway to get one these days - new, I mean?), then I would go for the BMW 328d w/xDrive - you'll love it.

Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: February 06, 2015 10:14PM
The lead time on Teslas is dropping. Right now they are quoting late March delivery for orders today. They also sell the loaner/demo cars that they have in stock, and they give a little bit of a discount. It's important if you're looking for a long-term, to buy one of the new were produced models, because they have the autopilot with automatic braking and other great features. teslas produced before September 2014 do not have the hardware for the autopilot.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 06, 2015 11:35PM
you'll be saving the environment a great deal of "embodied energy" by sticking with your current vehicle and do as others have suggested: new, better rolling resistance tires and a tune up.
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: February 07, 2015 01:20AM
Seriously: if you can't figure out what car you should buy, even after a spreadsheet, how can you be qualified for this new job?

Posted by: davester
Date: February 07, 2015 02:24AM
As suggested by jdc, choosing a car on the basis of numbers on a spreadsheet is ludicrous. There is a world of difference in the driving experience of each of the cars you have listed. The only way to really evaluate them is to drive them.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: modelamac
Date: February 07, 2015 05:49AM
All the spreadsheet does is give you the list of vehicles to be considered based on your criteria.

Now you need to pick one or two of those columns and sort highest to lowest to give you some rankings.

Then go out and test drive the top 2-3 candidates.

Personally, I'd stick with your current vehicle for at least 6-12 months into the new job to determine driving time and conditions, and fuel economy. This may point out other considerations you need to include in buying a replacement.

Your comment about the power of your Acura indicates you will probably have to modify your driving habits to meet those figures on the chart, no matter what you buy.

Gonna ask my Mother if that offer to slap
me into next year is still on the table.
Date: February 07, 2015 06:39AM
I should add that I've test driven most of these cars, excepting the Audi (today) and the MB (hopefully today as well). I had to put them on an excel sheet because it was getting hard to remember them all.

After the first requirement of 440 miles (which is arbitrary, unless you have to pump gas in the snow, ice, rain, and heat wave of Long Island, NY), my next criteria is reliability. For this, it is near impossible to determine which car is less likely to be a lemon.

I subscribed to consumer reports online and couldn't find this information as well, as most of these cars are relatively new model years, hence there is no track record of reliability.

As for my current car, I still drive it, but it is a 12 year old car and I do not want to be on the side of the road. While I've done maintenance on it (changed the belts a few years ago, all the fluids fairly regularly, etc), the car has an inherent weakness---its transmission. Apparently, the older 5 speed Honda/Acura transmission suffered from sudden catastrophic breakdowns. From my understanding, the transmissions start to go over 50k, and my car has 84k on it. Installing a new transmission seems like a silly way to waste money, as the paint is a little old and the chrome/plastics have faded. The tires are relatively new and inflated to the proper PSI.

Date: February 07, 2015 06:42AM
modelamac
Personally, I'd stick with your current vehicle for at least 6-12 months into the new job to determine driving time and conditions, and fuel economy. This may point out other considerations you need to include in buying a replacement.

Your comment about the power of your Acura indicates you will probably have to modify your driving habits to meet those figures on the chart, no matter what you buy.

When I get busy with my new job, I wont have time to test drive. OTOH, I am taking some of my accrued PTO right now, so I have the luxury of some time off to do the comparison shopping. I intend to drive my current car to and fro for a few months...but I do not want to be stranded on the shoulder of the LIE.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 07, 2015 06:42AM
Add a small auxiliary gas tank to your current vehicle.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: February 07, 2015 06:46AM
davester
No brainer. Chevy Volt.

Edit: Actually, now that I look at your spreadsheet I'm changing my recommendation.

1. Tesla Model S.

The ELR does not have a 3rd seat, which I do use occasionally for the kids.

The Tesla is a nice car...but I'd have to clear out the garage to charge it, yes? Also, for a 'basic' tesla, you only get rear wheel drive. Will the rear wheel drive work well in the snow and ice?

Date: February 07, 2015 06:53AM
Speedy

Heheheh...that would look good.

OTOH, I have thought about installing a 6 (or more) speed transmission, which should help with the MPG, but that is fraught with reliability issues.

Posted by: Mr645
Date: February 07, 2015 07:11AM
May I suggest the Mercedes Benz E250

Also, why do you think tires on a Lexus need replacement twice as often as other cars? Most performance tires these days last much longer then many years ago. I have 32k miles on a set of Dunlop summer, max performance tires and I should get about 36k out of them. My wife Mercedes has the Pirelli 18" performance package, P Zero all season tires and those will easily reach 40k miles
Date: February 07, 2015 08:07AM
wowzer
davester
No brainer. Chevy Volt.

1. Tesla Model S.

The ELR does not have a 3rd seat, which I do use occasionally for the kids.

The Tesla is a nice car...but I'd have to clear out the garage to charge it, yes? Also, for a 'basic' tesla, you only get rear wheel drive. Will the rear wheel drive work well in the snow and ice?

Since it is controlled electronically, it has very good traction control. That being said, nothing can be quite as good as the four-wheel-drive version with traction control.

Here is a video of the P85D going up an icy hill that other 4WDs failed.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2015 08:09AM by Ken Sp..
Date: February 07, 2015 08:10AM
Mr645
Also, why do you think tires on a Lexus need replacement twice as often as other cars?

That was my comment, not Wowser's. The model we were looking at, and I think other models as well, had different size (width) tires front and rear, so they could not be rotated like normal tires and they freely admitted that they would need to be replaced more often. I think they said you would be lucky to get 20K out of them and probably more like 15K. I believe they were also still those horrible, horrible, run flat tires, which we have had no end of trouble with, on our daughter's car. I finally found a place that would put regular tires on the same rims.

Date: February 07, 2015 08:12AM
If you love your current car, you could hire a valet to simply fill up your car once a week and save lots of money.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 07, 2015 08:48AM
wowzer

You'd need to install a charging dock but they're rather small. I'd say its about the size of shoebox. (i'm sure there's some variation but thats a good starting point.)

As for snow and ice, it'll work perfectly fine as long as you keep it on plowed streets.

heck, while you're taking all this time to test drive vehicles, you might as well sit inside one.

(my father has a volt and loves it. i understand it - its great to be able to charge a car instead of pumping gas. that said, i know you're not really interested but i thought i'd entertain myself anyway.)

Date: February 07, 2015 09:52AM
One factor that you didn't put in to your consideration, is automated driver safety.

Many new cars, mostly higher-end, offer automatic braking in situations and Lane departure warning. These things are huge especially in a commute. If you visit the Tesla forums you'll find that so many people love commuting with their TAAC or traffic aware cruise control. It slows or stops as needed, and it really makes crowded traffic less of a pain, and much safer for you in the car.
This is only available on Tesla is manufactured after December 2014. Due to hardware requirements, previous cars cannot have this enabled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2015 10:05AM by Ken Sp..
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 07, 2015 11:17AM
ah, the transmission I believe is the same model in my Volvo. Yes, problematic, but if it's been OK thus far, it should last. also, I don't believe they explode, rather they start getting shift flares, and low speed bumps into gear. Still, you may want to sell to avoid that problem.
Date: February 07, 2015 12:53PM
Having different size tires front & rear should not affect overall tire longevity. In my wife rear drive car, the tires last about the same from to back anyway. In a front drive car the front tires will wear faster, probably 2:1 but you would only need to replace the front tires when worn and the rears will last longer. Run flats should last as long as conventional tires, but are more expensive and if your leasing, you will need to have Run flats on it when the car is turned in
Date: February 07, 2015 01:58PM
I just test drove the Audi A6 with 4 cycl with 8spd automatic. Wow! What a car--great feel, quiet, and an engine that is ready to go. It has good gas mileage as well. I will test the A6 TDI on Wednesday.

The MB C300 4MATIC was ok...a solid car, but just not as ready as the A6 to accelerate. Also, the MB salesman informed me that he didn't have a diesel for me to test. That was a real turn off...I wanted to see what the E250 BlueTec was like.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 07, 2015 02:09PM
wowzer
Speedy

Heheheh...that would look good.

Actually it can sit very flat in your trunk and easily hold five gallons.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: February 07, 2015 02:51PM
davester
As suggested by jdc, choosing a car on the basis of numbers on a spreadsheet is ludicrous. There is a world of difference in the driving experience of each of the cars you have listed. The only way to really evaluate them is to drive them.

jdc also suggested a 22 mile commute should take only 20 minutes, which would require an average speed of slightly more than 60 MPH.

It is what it is.
Date: February 07, 2015 03:36PM
Mr645
Having different size tires front & rear should not affect overall tire longevity. In my wife rear drive car, the tires last about the same from to back anyway. In a front drive car the front tires will wear faster, probably 2:1 but you would only need to replace the front tires when worn and the rears will last longer. Run flats should last as long as conventional tires, but are more expensive and if your leasing, you will need to have Run flats on it when the car is turned in

Run flat tires are crap. They last about 15K, if you are lucky. and can rotate them. They also ride like crap and can't be repaired, if you pick up a nail.

Date: February 07, 2015 10:44PM
rgG
Mr645

Run flat tires are crap. They last about 15K, if you are lucky. and can rotate them. They also ride like crap and can't be repaired, if you pick up a nail.

I don't think the Audi A6 4cyl Quattro uses run flats because I saw the spare tire in the trunk well.

Date: February 08, 2015 07:18AM
wowzer
rgG
Mr645

I don't think the Audi A6 4cyl Quattro uses run flats because I saw the spare tire in the trunk well.

Yep, we bought an Audi over the Lexus, and one of the reasons was the tires on the Lexus. Our Audi has regular tires. We had already been through that with our daughter's car. My husband really lines his Audi, and he has had a Lexus before. Our old Lexus did not have the run flats. I would never want run flats on a car of mine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2015 07:20AM by rgG.
Date: February 08, 2015 03:13PM
I like the way German cars drive, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW etc, but I have had serious mechanical issues with VW, Audi and BMW (Volvo as well) and it's ok when you have a great service dept nearby that stands behind the car. I never really looked at Lexus because I am only 47 yrs old and I think you have to be 55 to buy one
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: February 08, 2015 07:25PM
wowzer
I am changing jobs. My new job is 22 miles from home to work. Thus, with 220 weekly commute, I dont want to add gas more than once each 2 weeks. I've developed a spreadsheet with my evaluations for the cars, and it's quite hard to find an obvious winner.
[docs.google.com]

Good grief! How hard is it to stop on your way home and pump some gas into the car? Are you also assuming you won't be driving the car except to commute? Won't go out at night, or take it out for a weekend drive? Buy the car you like best (and can afford), and forget about the gas.

Or (if there is one), take the train.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

The HAH weblog: [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Topical weblog: [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: February 09, 2015 02:49AM
Love my MB E350. Found the blind spot detection, lane tracking better implemented than the A6, but they're both great cars. Getting 470 miles per tank.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: February 09, 2015 09:07AM
Wowzer,

I'm surprised nobody asked... What is the current mechanical condition of your car? You mentioned its age, the condition of the tires and that its transmission is known to be problematic though the one in your vehicle hasn't presented any problems. In my opinion, the age of a vehicle is less of a concern than how well you've maintainted it and the current mechanical condition.

Assuming your vehicle has been well-maintained (I'm assuming this is the case) and is in very good to excellent running condition, how much are you really going to gain by replacing it? If you had a long commute that'd be one thing. 22 miles? That's minimal, even in the NYC/Long Island area. I looked at the numbers on the spreadsheet and the gas mileage listed is likely wishful thinking. It doesn't sound like the sheer expense is going to off-set the few bucks you'll save on a vehicle that gets better gas mileage.

Personally, it sounds to me like gas mileage is less of an issue than how you feel about the age of your vehicle and your worry over a potential transmission issue.

I'd also be leery of buying a new car right after changing jobs. To me, it's bad timing. What if you don't like your new employer and find you can't stay with them? Or, you like the new employer but they don't like you and you get fired? You'll be stuck with a greatly diminished income (or no income) and a big honkin' car payment. If you decide you want a new car, I'd at least wait until you're settled in at the new job and all is going well. Then, at that point, make your decision.

Robert

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 09:33AM by Robert M.
Date: February 09, 2015 10:11AM
mrlynn
wowzer
[docs.google.com]

Good grief! How hard is it to stop on your way home and pump some gas into the car? Are you also assuming you won't be driving the car except to commute? Won't go out at night, or take it out for a weekend drive? Buy the car you like best (and can afford), and forget about the gas.

Or (if there is one), take the train.

/Mr Lynn

No train and I wouldn't ride one regardless because I am constantly on the phone during the commute (all work related and not for pleasure). While it is not hard to stop and get gas, my 12 year old car is old and I don't want to be stuck on the road for any reason whatsoever. Thus, the main impetus for looking, but if I am looking, I had to set some parameters for a ride.

The real conundrum is that my current Accura is getting 23.8 MPG for the commute. With a 17.1 gallon tank, I can get about 409 miles for 1 tank (but I would never drive so close to empty)...so it looks like I have to get gas once every 10 days until I find a car.

Date: February 09, 2015 11:02AM
Robert M
Wowzer,

I'm surprised nobody asked... What is the current mechanical condition of your car? You mentioned its age, the condition of the tires and that its transmission is known to be problematic though the one in your vehicle hasn't presented any problems. In my opinion, the age of a vehicle is less of a concern than how well you've maintainted it and the current mechanical condition.

Assuming your vehicle has been well-maintained (I'm assuming this is the case) and is in very good to excellent running condition, how much are you really going to gain by replacing it? If you had a long commute that'd be one thing. 22 miles? That's minimal, even in the NYC/Long Island area. I looked at the numbers on the spreadsheet and the gas mileage listed is likely wishful thinking. It doesn't sound like the sheer expense is going to off-set the few bucks you'll save on a vehicle that gets better gas mileage.

Personally, it sounds to me like gas mileage is less of an issue than how you feel about the age of your vehicle and your worry over a potential transmission issue.

I'd also be leery of buying a new car right after changing jobs. To me, it's bad timing. What if you don't like your new employer and find you can't stay with them? Or, you like the new employer but they don't like you and you get fired? You'll be stuck with a greatly diminished income (or no income) and a big honkin' car payment. If you decide you want a new car, I'd at least wait until you're settled in at the new job and all is going well. Then, at that point, make your decision.

Robert

I will stay with my current car for a few months, as i want to be certain about my longeivity there. However, i am doing my research now, when i have the time. My current car had its belts changed a couple of years back, as well as regularly changing fluids and radiator coolant. I did the spark plugs a few months ago and used seafoam a couple of times in the past. I never changed the shocks or struts....as i only have 84k on the car.

The commute is 22 miles each way....44 miles a day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 11:02AM by wowzer.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: February 09, 2015 12:31PM
Wowzer,

I know people who travel twice that far. Some don't complain. Most do bitch and moan now and again, with good reason. That's a long commute. Then again, I also know people who complain about commuting to and from Manhattan via the Long Island Railroad, too. And, all tey have to do is get into a crowded car and sit down for 35 minutes each way.

Honestly, I don't think the commute, age of your car and concern over a breakdown are the real reasons you want to replace your vehicle. 22 miles each way isn't a long commute. I think you just want a new car and, believe you me, I don't blame you one bit. If my car was twelve years old with 84K, I'd probably be thinking about replacing it, too. And, I'd be looking at something that offers better gas mileage but can still handle the sometimes seriously crappy weather we have around here.

Robert
Date: February 09, 2015 03:43PM
Robert M
Wowzer,

I know people who travel twice that far. Some don't complain. Most do bitch and moan now and again, with good reason. That's a long commute. Then again, I also know people who complain about commuting to and from Manhattan via the Long Island Railroad, too. And, all tey have to do is get into a crowded car and sit down for 35 minutes each way.

Honestly, I don't think the commute, age of your car and concern over a breakdown are the real reasons you want to replace your vehicle. 22 miles each way isn't a long commute. I think you just want a new car and, believe you me, I don't blame you one bit. If my car was twelve years old with 84K, I'd probably be thinking about replacing it, too. And, I'd be looking at something that offers better gas mileage but can still handle the sometimes seriously crappy weather we have around here.

Robert

Not complaining...just having a horrible time trying to figure out what's best. I think the Audi felt the best to me...but it really isn't easy. Back in the old days (AKA 12 years ago), it was easy...I could only afford the Acura and its been a great car.

Posted by: Schpark
Date: February 09, 2015 06:00PM
Another vote for the Lincoln MKZ hybrid.

"Without death, life would lose much of its meaning. My goal is to live in such a manner that I alter world in some fundamental way before I'm gone. As I get older and watch my son grow I realize I've already achieved my goal." - Ztirffritz
Posted by: sekker
Date: February 10, 2015 02:13AM
Fun thread! Congrats on the new gig!

I'm driving a museum-piece - a 2005 Honda Civic hybrid - only drivable because it's a stick. But still gets well over 500 miles to a tank!

Alas, I don't have much to add except that a friend has a Tesla and he loves it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 02:13AM by sekker.
Date: February 10, 2015 09:58AM
Schpark
Another vote for the Lincoln MKZ hybrid.

How reliable has the MKZ been for you? I hate having a car that is in the shop...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018