advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Would you send YOUR packages via Waffle House?
Posted by: sekker
Date: February 24, 2015 09:43PM
WTF you say?

Yes, exactly!

[www.theverge.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Would you send YOUR packages via Waffle House?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: February 24, 2015 09:56PM
Awful Waffle is involved? What could possibly go wrong?
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 24, 2015 10:24PM

With today's partnership, users will be able to meet and execute deliveries at the company's 1,750 diners across the US, which are open 24 hours a day. Waffle House will also offer a free waffle and drink to drivers making deliveries at their eateries.

Roadie takes direct aim at major delivery services like FedEx and UPS, though it's still in its nascent phase. According to the Journal, the app currently has around 7,500 downloads, and around 50 items have been delivered so far. Drivers keep 80 percent of the delivery fee, which currently ranges from $12 to $200, and must pay $1 to cover insurance.

What's in this for Waffle House? It's costing them to feed the drivers.

And they evaluated and moved forward with this partnership based on just 50 items being delivered so far?
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: February 25, 2015 01:14AM
I would! I love Waffle House.

This is a good read: What It's Like to Work at the Waffle House for 24 Hours Straight

Posted by: tenders
Date: February 25, 2015 08:20AM
This is for when it absolutely, positively has to be there coated in maple syrup.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: February 25, 2015 09:51AM
I'm in boys. I'd love to do this for a bit o' extra lucres in me wallet. It'd help pay for me gas to places I travel anyway. "Hey, meet me at the Waffle House to get ye new Mac. It'll be safe and protected in me truck's backseat."

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 25, 2015 10:14AM
Ain't no way I want my package anywhere near a waffle iron! smiley-shocked003
Posted by: deckeda
Date: February 25, 2015 11:03AM
I read the comments here prior to clicking the link and thought, "this sounds like Uber for freight" and whattya know, it is! I like the idea. Of course there are some key details that need to get nailed down.
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: February 25, 2015 11:44AM
deckeda
I read the comments here prior to clicking the link and thought, "this sounds like Uber for freight" and whattya know, it is! I like the idea. Of course there are some key details that need to get nailed down.

Unfortunately Uber is a pretty vile company. I when I started learning about their corporate mysogany, their poor treatment of drivers and customers, I deleted their app right away. I hope Roadie is better.

Posted by: testcase
Date: February 25, 2015 11:57AM
tenders
This is for when it absolutely, positively has to be there coated in maple syrup.

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 25, 2015 02:24PM
Posted by: jims
Date: February 25, 2015 04:14PM
Probably work better than Fedex/USPS. Package shipped from Memphis on the 20th still hasn't made it to Fort Smith Arkansas yet and they can't find it. It only takes 4.5 hours to drive it.

jims
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 25, 2015 05:37PM
Whoops. Too many tabs open at once!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 05:43PM by $tevie.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 26, 2015 12:42AM
Uncle Wig
deckeda

Unfortunately Uber is a pretty vile company. I when I started learning about their corporate mysogany, their poor treatment of drivers and customers, I deleted their app right away. I hope Roadie is better.

I have a friend who drives for Uber here in Seattle. You can't deny that he made 100K last year, working very hard of course. Yes, there sure are issues with Uber, but it is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018