advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Date night this weekend...Sarah McLachlan concert
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: February 27, 2015 11:22AM
Going to the concert this weekend. Just my wife and I. Will be our 3rd time to see her. Not a huge fan of the latest album, but it looks like she'll be playing a lot from her back catalogue if previous setlists are any reflection.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Date night this weekend...Sarah McLachlan concert
Posted by: SteveO
Date: February 27, 2015 11:26AM
Cool! Yeah I'm not as big a fan of her 00's stuff as her '90s stuff. Laws of Illusion was pretty good, though.
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 27, 2015 11:37AM
Sounds like fun. Wonder if she's coming West? I have her new album but I've not put it through it's paces. My fave album is "Afterglow." "Wintersong" too.

Posted by: flareslow
Date: February 27, 2015 11:43AM
Enjoy! Saw her last summer in NOLA at the Saenger Theater. Her voice is a national treasure.

Mike
Posted by: davemchine
Date: February 27, 2015 11:55AM
Wow pinkoos that would be a great concert to attend! Let us know how it goes.

Personally I'm going to the Steve Tyrell concert this weekend. Romantic diner, concert, and a nice hotel. No kids. I am soooo looking forward to sleeping in.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: February 27, 2015 01:11PM
flareslow
Her voice is a national treasure.

Agree, one of the best. Enjoy the show!
Posted by: DavidS
Date: February 27, 2015 01:20PM
My wife and I have seen her about 6-8 times, including a couple Lilith Fair tours. We try to see her every time she comes through Atlanta. The new album takes a while to grow on you, but don't give up on it. It certainly does not have a staying power of some of her previous work, though.

We saw her over the summer, just after the new album came out, but she did not focus only on it and did play a good variety of songs. She even invited some audience members to sit on a couch on the side of the stage and watch a few numbers from there. She then interviewed them between songs, asking them about what makes them "Shine On." It was kinda silly, but cute. You had to enter before the show from her website. It looks like the link is still active.
[joinsarahonstage.com]

Have fun! I love date-night concerts. We are seeing Billy Joel tomorrow night with my best friend from high school and his wife.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: February 27, 2015 01:23PM
flareslow
Enjoy! Saw her last summer in NOLA at the Saenger Theater. Her voice is a national treasure.

Mike

A Canadian national treasure.

It is what it is.
Posted by: billb
Date: February 27, 2015 02:43PM
N-OS X-tasy!
flareslow

Mike

A Canadian national treasure.

In the
same vein as Justin Beiber ?

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: jdc
Date: February 27, 2015 03:03PM
Listneing to her Pandora station right now.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Bo
Date: February 27, 2015 08:28PM
I happened to meet her once years ago and she was incredibly nice!

It must have been around 1993/4. I was running the digital editing department (it was actually just a single workstation) at a camera store in Boulder. The local radio station KBCO broadcast from the third floor of the building and she was there doing an in studio appearance. I just happened to be out in the hallway as she was heading out alone. We chatted for a few minutes and she was on her way. I will also say, strikingly beautiful.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: February 28, 2015 12:03AM
She is gorgeous.

It is what it is.
Date: March 03, 2015 10:48AM
Concert was great. She did the same sofa on stage with invited audience members thing. She seems very down to earth. Allowed the audience members to take pics/selfies with her onstage, etc. Agree, silly but refreshing at the same time (in stark contrast to the Chrissie Hynde concert I went to a couple months ago in which she would stop mid-song to angrily tell people to put their phones away).

I posted the actual Houston setlist to a new thread but will repeat it here.

I have a new found appreciation of the new album b/c of this concert. Not just that almost any song can sound good live, but also b/c she actually told the stories behind some of the songs which gave them more meaning and impact for me.

My order of album faves are as follows:

1. Fumbling Towards Ecstasy (was in med school when this came out and has some added meaning for me)
2. Surfacing
3. Afterglow
4. The rest in no particular order, though Shine On is growing on me more than Laws of Illusion

Date: March 03, 2015 11:02AM
Found Youtube videos of the concert I attended (these are not filmed by me):

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 208
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018