The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $159.76 ( -0.71 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
POMTL: third-celebration charger
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 17, 2015 10:46PM
what a crappy article. At least they admit it all the way to the bottom:

"Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers."

Anyway, they keep talking about "third-celebration cords and chargers"

You happen to be going to have to have a lot of accessories for your new MacBook - the one particular that does away with pretty much just about every classic port - and now you can add third-celebration cords to the list.

The new MacBook uses the brand new USB Type-C connector, but it turns out you won't be limited to Apple's highly-priced initial-party versions.

Apple has revealed that the new MacBook will be compatible with third-celebration USB-C cords - such as third-celebration chargers.

This is what happens when a computer translates third-party chargers, you end up with "third-celebration chargers"

Oh yeah, if you want to get more laughs, here it is. But don't waste your time (I regret opening this link)

[www.statesmennews.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: POMTL: third-celebration charger
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: April 18, 2015 12:20AM
Here’s the original: [www.techradar.com]

You're going to need a lot of accessories for your new MacBook - the one that does away with almost every traditional port - and now you can add third-party cords to the list.

The new MacBook uses the brand new USB Type-C connector, but it turns out you won't be limited to Apple's expensive first-party versions.

Apple has revealed that the new MacBook will be compatible with third-party USB-C cords - including third-party chargers.
Posted by: silvarios
Date: April 18, 2015 02:41AM
Ha!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 18, 2015 06:44AM
This article is possibly/probably sourced from the same place mentioned here in a thread within the last few weeks.

The regenerators copy articles from various sites, and then through some Find and Replace means substitute some words with would seem synonymous with the words being replaced, but are not.

I didn't read the thread very closely, so I missed the motivation for doing this, if one was definitively determined.

The original post was dismissed as "Welcome to the Internet".

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 18, 2015 06:57AM
The original post was dismissed as "Welcome to the Internet".

I saw that thread, but last night when I saw these third-celebration chargers I had to share.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 18, 2015 07:58AM
I saw that thread, but last night when I saw these third-celebration chargers I had to share.

And rightfully so.

I had a WTF moment when reading the subject line, and a <chuckle> when reading the post.

In the original thread, the articles were merely amusing in their awkward wording. This one was actually funny.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 18, 2015 11:31AM
Article spinning, swapping synonyms to generate a "new" article without having to actually write one, was all the rage in search-engine optimization a few years back. The spun articles would be published to various syndicated websites with links that pointed back to the money page in order to get a higher position in search results.

This sounds like spinning more than being run through a translator because the grammar is still passable.

Not sure what the advantage is because Google caught on to it and banned the spun sites. Some SEO services still do it, even if it sucks, because the customer doesn't know better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2015 11:31AM by Acer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

RE:up , rz , Sam3 , WHiiP
Guests: 250
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015