Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
things i bought for the trip - usb chargers and neck pillows
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 11, 2015 09:46AM
PowerBot® PB5000 40W 8-Amp 5-Port - $14.99 - [www.amazon.com]

i didn't want to carry around a bag of individual usb chargers so i bought this thing. i had wanted one before mostly for the quick charging capabilities. definitely worth it. nice having all the usb charging in one place although it does make for a mess of cables. also nice to be able to charge 3 devices at max speed. need to find a permanent place for this guy to live in my home.

Car Charger, 1byone® 3-Port 5.1A(2.1A 2A 1A) Aluminum Panel Rapid USB Car Charger - $6.99 - [www.amazon.com]

car usb charger. really nice to ride around with a full charge on my phone and ipad. one disappointment - my iphone couldn't charge the battery while using gps navigation. the charge level would simply remain stable.

CABEAU Memory Foam "Evolution Pillow" - $39.99 - [www.amazon.com] - this looks like too much / too fancy but i found it much more comfortable than the more conventional pillow we bought. started the trip as mine but was quickly taken by my wife.

The New Comfort Pal Travel Neck Pillow - 21.99 - [www.amazon.com] - just didn't work for me although these things are pretty personal. too much material in the back presses against my neck.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: things i bought for the trip - usb chargers and neck pillows
Posted by: MarkD
Date: July 11, 2015 10:23AM
Thanks for the specific charger info. I got two different 5 plug chargers (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K0FULI6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00) and (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6ZB8KA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01) Both seem to work ok. I now keep one in the guest bedroom with lightning cables for guests. Solves the "hunt for a plug" at night. The only problem is that the two models I bought have to be turned on.
Re: things i bought for the trip - usb chargers and neck pillows
Posted by: STL
Date: July 11, 2015 12:21PM
"i didn't want to carry around a bag of individual usb chargers , , "
My philosophy is to have a backup whenever possible, so I do carry at least 2 chargers when traveling. I would never intentionally put all my eggs in one basket. YMMV
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 176
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018