The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
back up CD burn problem
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 10, 2006 10:26PM
dualie G5. X.4.3
I'm using "iBurn" as I did with my G3 that ran X.3.8

I'd drag n drop folders or items from folders, then click burn and all was well.
There was a point during each burn when I'd be asked to authorize the burn, as some of the stuff was from the User/Lib.

I've tried this same approach a couple times with the new lad and it quits halfway thru with this error.

the operation cannot be completed because one or more of the required items cannot be found. (-43)
Could not open data fork of "<unable to get file path>". (-43)

!#$@@$#!

all I need to know I learnt from Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings.

Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done.
>>>Ernie Kovacs>>>
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: back up CD burn problem
Posted by: MacMagus
Date: January 11, 2006 08:24AM
I don't know much about iBurn, except that it's built on the tools already present in your OS. It's possible that Apple updated something in 10.4 that broke it.

Have you tried using a burn folder? It has a workflow similar to what you're describing for iBurn.

In Tiger's Finder, there's an option in the File menu to create a new Burn Folder. A Burn Folder appears to be just like any other folder, but when you drag files into it, that creates an alias to the original file instead of moving or copying it. When you're ready to burn, you just click on the burn button on the top-right side of the window and insert your media. When you're done, you just trash the folder and forget about it (since all that it contains is alias files, your originals are still intact).

If you insist on using iBurn, try it with copies of the files instead of the originals. Make a new folder, copy the files into the new folder (option-click-drag) and then burn your disc from that folder.
Re: back up CD burn problem
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 11, 2006 09:02PM
I tried this again. same problem.
hmmmmmmm .......

!#$@@$#!

all I need to know I learnt from Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings.

Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done.
>>>Ernie Kovacs>>>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 326
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018