advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Hey fellow cheapskates, what's your favorite way to get NYT content for free?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 22, 2015 04:46PM
My current favorite method is to go through a proxy server, but this method has its downsides. Sometimes you can't see interactive graphics etc.

What's your favorite method and why?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hey fellow cheapskates, what's your favorite way to get NYT content for free?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 22, 2015 04:56PM
incognito mode

Re: Hey fellow cheapskates, what's your favorite way to get NYT content for free?
Posted by: Fritz
Date: November 22, 2015 05:04PM
Play the old "look over there" bit with the news paper kid.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 22, 2015 05:26PM
Search for the headline on Google and click on the link. It will sometimes give you cookies to read that one story. I don't have an easier way to read lots of stories every day.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: November 22, 2015 06:45PM
borrow a logon from a friend....huh smiley

Asheville, NC Area
Posted by: hal
Date: November 22, 2015 06:57PM
I think they gave up on me. I haven't seen a limitation on NYT in a long time. I switch browsers... I used the 'reader' mode that defeats most of those news sites, but for the last month, they just let me in and read everything I want.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 22, 2015 07:01PM
Why not just delete NYT cookies at the end of each session/day?
Posted by: richorlin
Date: November 22, 2015 07:29PM
Well, it's not totally free. I have a subscription to Sunday only and that gives me access to all digital content. I use Calibre to download the daily NY Times and email it to my iPad.
Like I said, it's not totally free, but pretty much close to it.

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]
Posted by: TheToddler
Date: November 22, 2015 08:47PM
I second the Sunday subscription. ... Generous content provided for $35 a month.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: November 22, 2015 09:04PM
same here, Sunday only. More than I can handle anyway.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 22, 2015 10:15PM
TheToddler
I second the Sunday subscription. ... Generous content provided for $35 a month.

$35/month for SUNDAY? that is more than the $7/week for DAILY delivery.
Posted by: Michael
Date: November 23, 2015 02:51PM
mattkime
incognito mode

Me too. Also the same to get WSJ.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 23, 2015 03:52PM
space-time
TheToddler

$35/month for SUNDAY? that is more than the $7/week for DAILY delivery.

But then you don't get the Sunday paper, right? The Sunday Times is a behemoth.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 23, 2015 07:38PM
yeah, like others, I cheat the news industry by using the private browsing mode, but you are still limited to 10 articles before you close the browser. however, if you limit it to less than that number, you will never see the limit come up.

on the phone, I just delete cookies and cache and I'm good to go. one day, I will pay to atone for my sins, but I don't read it for hours on end; it's only one source of my news (although a key source).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 255
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020