Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $151.89 ( -1.50 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Camera Holsters?
Posted by: rapayn1
Date: December 15, 2015 09:57AM
Anyone here use a Black Widow camera holster with a Canon T3i? I am wondering if the T3i is too big/heavy for that set-up and if I need to get the Spider Pro? I'm going to NYC next week and aside from worrying that I will not be allowed to bring my T3i inside of Radio City Music Hall, I want to make sure I can walk around comfortably all day long (it is a day trip) without the camera hanging around my neck for 12+ hours. We arrive in NYC at 7:30 a.m. at Penn Station and depart that night at 10 p.m.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Camera Holsters?
Posted by: Z
Date: December 15, 2015 12:07PM
I've.... got the Black Rapids Curve strap for my Pentax K5 and it works pretty well - slung to the side / out of the way. Don't know about the black widow, though weight-wise it'd probably be fine for the T3i... depending on the weight of the preferred lens. Whatcha packin'?
Posted by: Kate
Date: December 15, 2015 10:29PM
I use a Cotton Carrier for my Canon 7D

Kate
Posted by: 3d
Date: December 16, 2015 12:22PM
BHPhoto is two long-ish blocks away from Penn Station. They have the BlackWidow camera holster in stock at the store. I would try it out at the store and decide on the spot.

The thing I like about these holsters is that there's no "swing" to the camera when walking and/or bending over like you get with straps. Although I do cringe thinking about going through a subway turnstyle with it. And doors in general. BE AWARE!

[www.bhphotovideo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 12:24PM by 3d.
Posted by: 3d
Date: December 16, 2015 12:23PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 12:24PM by 3d.
Posted by: rapayn1
Date: December 16, 2015 08:40PM
All,

Thanks for your feedback and comments. Anyone been told that they could not enter Radio City with a camera like a Canon T3i? I don't want to take pictures inside of the show, but since we don't have a car or hotel room, I need to take the camera with me everywhere I go for the entire day before boarding the train to head back home. :-)
Posted by: DRR
Date: December 17, 2015 09:20AM
rapayn1
All,

Thanks for your feedback and comments. Anyone been told that they could not enter Radio City with a camera like a Canon T3i? I don't want to take pictures inside of the show, but since we don't have a car or hotel room, I need to take the camera with me everywhere I go for the entire day before boarding the train to head back home. :-)

You should be able to take the camera inside but I doubt you will be permitted to take pictures during the performance. Many tourists are in your same situation and it would be difficult for them to turn away every tourist who is carrying a camera.

I was there last month for the Rockettes Christmas spectacular and there were a number of people with DSLRs taking pictures of each other inside the theater, before the performance. Check with the venue to be sure but you should not have a problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 336
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015