advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
easiest way to get photos from camera to android / ios device?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 15, 2015 11:45PM
i'm shopping for a new camera and one feature i would like is the ability to easily transfer images to an iphone or android. ...mostly because my wife is really into instagram.

any recommended methods of accomplishing this? is it worthwhile to get a camera with wifi?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: easiest way to get photos from camera to android / ios device?
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 15, 2015 11:56PM
As long as the iPhone is a 5 or newer and running 9.2, Apple USB camera/SD adapter

[connect.dpreview.com]

Camera with wifi could be handy -- upload straight iCloud, or dropbox or wherever.

EDIT: Apple iOS 9.2 adds iPhone support for USB camera adapter for direct photo transfer << what you want, right?

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 09:31AM by jdc.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: December 16, 2015 12:10AM
Use the iPhone to take the photos.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 16, 2015 12:34AM
Buy a camera that uses SD cards. Use a Micro SD card in a SD adapter for storage. Put the Micro SD card into the Android phone. Or get an EyeFi SD card for the camera.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: GeneL
Date: December 16, 2015 04:33AM
Filliam H. Muffman
Buy a camera that uses SD cards. Use a Micro SD card in a SD adapter for storage. Put the Micro SD card into the Android ph7one. Or get an EyeFi SD card for the camera.

Not anymore!

I recently went from a Note 3, which allowed the use is a micro-usbcard, to a Note 5, which is sealed and doesn't allow either the use of flash memory or to change the battery.

Believe me when I say that it took quite a lot of thought to accept what I feel was a big mistake on Samsung's part. It seems to me that those features were a valuable contrast to the iPhones closed system.

Shame on Samsung for taking away an advantage to consumers. Now you have to invest a lot more to get the amount of memory that you need.

gl @ Dana Point, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 04:37AM by GeneL.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 16, 2015 05:31AM
For iOS, this would seem to be the easiest way-

[www.apple.com]

But it only has one review and it's one star.

Seems pretty odd.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: testcase
Date: December 16, 2015 05:54AM
Get a "dual-connect" USB thumb drive for the Android phone. Regular USB connection on one end; Micro-USB connection on the other end. Then, the Apple connector got your iOS device.
Posted by: StingMe
Date: December 16, 2015 07:24AM
Dropbox makes transferring photos from your computer to phones pretty easy. A wifi-enabled camera (on its own or via Eye-Fi card) would certainly make getting the images to your computer more automatic, if that's what you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 07:25AM by StingMe.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 16, 2015 09:05AM
what testcase said [amzn.to].
I have one and it works well and fast. I'm sure there are others.

what stingme said as well

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 16, 2015 12:52PM
GeneL
I recently went from a Note 3, which allowed the use is a micro-usbcard, to a Note 5, which is sealed and doesn't allow either the use of flash memory or to change the battery.

That was your decision to buy a newer device that abandoned expandable storage. There are plenty of new phablets that still have Micro SD slots.

Edit: At least Samsung doesn't sell the Note5 with only 16 GB.

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 12:57PM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: December 16, 2015 06:27PM
Filliam H. Muffman
GeneL

That was your decision to buy a newer device that abandoned expandable storage. There are plenty of new phablets that still have Micro SD slots.

But none that are as good as the Note series, IMHO. I looked at every model that was available at the local Verizon corporate store and none were as attractive to me as the Note 5. It boiled down to a choice between the iPhone 6s+ and the Note 5.

I did get the iPhone first, because I had wanted FaceTime so I could chat with my grandkids. After using it for a short time, it became clear that it just wasn't as good for my purposes as the Note. The iPhone just wasn't as flexible as the Note.

When I learned that the Note also had the fingerprint security, a feature that I really liked, I exchanged the iPhone for the Note 5 and I'm happy with the choice, so far.

I still feel that Samsung screwed their loyal customers by doing away with the micro-usb card. I'm finding that I have to limit my installed apps and I have to monitor my memory usage, but as NOS- would say, "it is what it is!"

BTW, as to the OP, I still have problems sharing my photos and I also like to hear about others solutions. On big issue for me is that Flikr use now eludes me. It used to be easy to access and share my stored pictures, but since they changed the way it works I can't figure it out. My DropBox is full and I don't want to pay for more space, so what are my other free options?

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 16, 2015 06:43PM
Many other free options, although spending a few minutes fixing flickr might be smarter?

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 230
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018