advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Adele tickets go on sale today
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 17, 2015 06:10AM
I never been to a concert like this, and I am not going to pay the scalper prices, as I heard some pre-sale tickets already sell for $700-5000 (as wife read on interwebs). Wife is home this morning and will try to log on at ticketmaster at 10 AM and see if she can get tickets, but I doubt that someone without experience knows what to do to get tickets. I understand these usually sell in first few minutes. Officially the prices are $49 to $149, which is quite reasonable, but $700 to $5000? Hell no way.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Adele tickets go on sale today
Posted by: mstudio
Date: December 17, 2015 06:28AM
Her voice makes me cringe, so I wouldn't even be interested if there were $49.

But good luck to you, I hope you can get in for a reasonable price!
Posted by: Black
Date: December 17, 2015 07:17AM
I will never pay one penny above original cost-- scalping is the enemy of live music. Wish I could stamp it out.
As to how to get tickets-- no real "experience" necessary-- just follow the instructions, be aware of limits to avoid any fumbles, and be aware that tickets can pop up a minute or an hour after there appear to be none left for various reasons. A few "dry runs" before the sale time might be good, and also having more than one person gunning for them on different computers. Good luck.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Date: December 17, 2015 07:19AM
Also maybe good to know-- "choose seats on a map" is usually disabled during large draw on-sales, and some think your chances are better if you select "best available" rather than selecting a specific price level.

Posted by: john dough
Date: December 17, 2015 07:20AM
My girlfriend saw her on her first tour and was blown away. I think that most tickets are going to vanish and pop up for resale for 10X face value or more.

Good luck with Ticket Bastard; I have rolled the dice many times and I can count on one hand the times I was able to get through when there is tremendous demand.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 17, 2015 07:34AM
I would have to think twice at paying $5k to see all four Beatles in concert.
Date: December 17, 2015 08:34AM
Lux Interior
I would have to think twice at paying $5k to see all four Beatles in concert.

I guess I need to go back to the lab and calibrate the Time Machine!
Posted by: DavidS
Date: December 17, 2015 09:21AM
I just got 2 tickets in Section 3 on the floor, Row C for Atlanta, Saturday night. $150 each is not bad.

I got lucky, I guess. One iPhone got through right away with those. My other iPhone, iPad, and 2 computers are all in limbo or timing out with no availability.
Date: December 17, 2015 09:49AM
Trust me, you are lucky, as there is FAR more demand than supply. If you are any bit on the fence about going, you can easily quadruple your money (or more) for those seats.
Date: December 17, 2015 10:18AM
john dough
Trust me, you are lucky, as there is FAR more demand than supply. If you are any bit on the fence about going, you can easily quadruple your money (or more) for those seats.
That's just disgusting. It's live music, not the stock market. It's entirely possible to pass extra tickets along for exactly what you paid.

Date: December 17, 2015 10:48AM
Black
john dough
That's just disgusting. It's live music, not the stock market. It's entirely possible to pass extra tickets along for exactly what you paid.

Whether you find it disgusting or not, that is the market. We can be sure that if you were offered a few thousand dollars more than you paid for said tickets, you would sell them at face value. Right.
Date: December 17, 2015 10:58AM
wife got 4 tickets around $95 each, 2 for us, and 2 for some friends, we haven't decided yet which friends, LOL.

I am curious what she paid with all the ticket bastards fees. Also parking was $30.
Posted by: billb
Date: December 17, 2015 11:24AM
john dough
Black
john dough

Whether you find it disgusting or not, that is the market. We can be sure that if you were offered a few thousand dollars more than you paid for said tickets, you would sell them at face value. Right.

Where have we heard that argument before ......

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: beagledave
Date: December 17, 2015 11:26AM
My kiddo was keen to see her in Chicago so I tried. At exactly 10am. Nada.
Posted by: beagledave
Date: December 17, 2015 11:29AM
Just for giggles, checked StubHub. Already some Tix up..start at $288 (cheapest face is $49)
Posted by: jardster
Date: December 17, 2015 11:30AM
1 grabbed 2 tix, $98 face value. Wife will want to go.

Date: December 17, 2015 11:33AM
Type: Standard Admission
Price: US $95.00 x 4
Service Fee: US $19.55 x 4

TypeParking at Central or Meyers next to MSG
Ticket PriceUS $30.00 x 1
Service FeeUS $0.75 x 1

Tickets/Items Subtotal US $488.95
Standard Mail: Allow 10 to 14 days for delivery No Charge
Total US $488.95
Date: December 17, 2015 12:08PM
space-time
wife got 4 tickets around $95 each, 2 for us, and 2 for some friends, we haven't decided yet which friends, LOL.

I am curious what she paid with all the ticket bastards fees. Also parking was $30.

Glad to hear, have a great time.

Posted by: TLB
Date: December 17, 2015 12:09PM
I've tried live concerts, different venues, many different genres. I find myself bored (usually) or leaving early with a headache (loud fans, blaring sound systems and/or poor acoustics). Music and I don't click in general so even radio or purchased music is rare for me. I'll pass, though I may sample a few minutes of the NBC special to try and understand the WOW factor.
Date: December 17, 2015 12:10PM
beagledave
My kiddo was keen to see her in Chicago so I tried. At exactly 10am. Nada.

Try again a few more times today. When Mumford went on sale the last time here it supposedly sold out in 20 minutes, and then I was able to put tix in my cart at lunchtime 2 hours later.

Date: December 17, 2015 12:58PM
billb
Where have we heard that argument before ......

Uhhh.... tickets to a popular show, many of these fans have DEEP pockets, are not the same as some arrogant aßßhole ripping off the sick (and it is a good thing to see that he is getting his comeuppance). It is not a matter of life and death to see a show, unlike with that jackwad. Nice try, billy.
Posted by: 3d
Date: December 17, 2015 04:19PM
After trying unsuccessfully to get Jerry Seinfeld @ Beacon Theatre tickets on Ticketmaster, I've completely given up and didn't even try. MSG has terrible booming acoutics at concerts. I'll just watch her again on my DVR'd NBC Special whine smiley
Date: December 17, 2015 05:40PM
3d
After trying unsuccessfully to get Jerry Seinfeld @ Beacon Theatre tickets on Ticketmaster, I've completely given up and didn't even try. MSG has terrible booming acoutics at concerts. I'll just watch her again on my DVR'd NBC Special whine smiley

NOW you tell me? who wants my tickets?
Date: December 17, 2015 06:01PM
space-time
3d

It may depend on the concert. I said the same about the United Center until I saw an act that had the expertise to dial the sound in.

Posted by: 3d
Date: December 18, 2015 04:51AM
space-time
3d

I'll take two of the 4 if you're offering! big grin smiley big grin smiley big grin smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018