advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Opposite of hal's opposite of Bimwad's thread: What musical acts did you see at their absolute rock bottom?
Posted by: Black
Date: December 31, 2015 09:00PM
Couldn't resist devil smiley

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Opposite of hal's opposite of Bimwad's thread: What musical acts did you see at their absolute rock bottom?
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: January 01, 2016 12:33AM
Black
Couldn't resist devil smiley

Try harder. nono smiley

Re: Opposite of hal's opposite of Bimwad's thread: What musical acts did you see at their absolute rock bottom?
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: January 01, 2016 12:58AM
gary puckett, bereft of the union gap. remember that dramatic, meleflous (sp?) voice? well, there was no punch at all behind it; he was completely deflated. i've never been more embarrassed for a performer.

but it was also the last time i got to see the fabulous randy california of spirit. the grass roots, such as they were, performed well and reminded me of their impressive string of hits.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: January 01, 2016 03:34AM
Not in person, but Paul Simon on the SNL 40th anniversary special and Paul McCartney during his induction of Ringo Starr into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I was embarrassed for both of them.

It is what it is.
Posted by: JoeBob
Date: January 01, 2016 05:43AM
Eddie Money so drunk/stoned that he couldn't remember the lyrics to his songs....
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: January 01, 2016 07:46AM
Gordon Lightfoot.

One minute into Edmund Fitzgerald, after realizing he messed up, he stopped the band, apologized and said we deserve to hear it correctly and started over.

Dave Davies, (of The Kinks)

Almost walked out, as he was so off from second guitarist and voice was not that great.
I was thinking, gee his second guitarist is pretty good, why is he in this band?

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: January 01, 2016 09:12AM
Jimmy Buffet at a 'concert' that ended after 2 songs because of the below.

JoeBob
Eddie Money so drunk/stoned that he couldn't remember the lyrics to his songs....
Posted by: JoeM
Date: January 01, 2016 09:34AM
I've walked out of
Crosby, Stills and Nash
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Keith Urban

JoeM
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 01, 2016 10:48AM
I saw Glen Campbell in December 2010. It wasn't official that he had Alzheimer's but people knew he was forgetting lyrics. He had three teleprompters in front of him. But when he sang the songs came to life like nothing I've ever heard on the radio. He took a break and when he came back everyone thought he was drunk. But it was a great concert and the crowd loved it.
Posted by: Frank
Date: January 01, 2016 09:46PM
The Beach Boys at Oakland Coliseum way back in the 70's. Embarrassing.
Posted by: Black
Date: January 02, 2016 02:02AM
I'm not sure I have anything to add here. Maybe REM towards the end of their run. I left thinking they might not be the right match for the "arena" setting, but could be I just saw them at te wrong point in their career.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018