advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Newest member of the data cap on home internet - CenturyLink
Posted by: sekker
Date: February 12, 2016 10:26PM
I was thinking of trying them out this year instead of Charter.

But they are going to roll out a data cap for home broadband, so not going to happen for me.

[www.theverge.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Newest member of the data cap on home internet - CenturyLink
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: February 13, 2016 11:27AM
I had them for a few years and they exhibited bad customer service. They kept promising faster speed but could only deliver 1.25mbps (on a good day) on DSL. After sending out numerous technicians, one was honest enough to tell me that 1.25 was all this line was ever going to do, ever. The conditions just would not allow it. It confirmed my suspicions. He indirectly said they knew it also and the whole tech parade was a charade. That is why I am using Comcrap. With have awful customer service but Comcrap is faster. As soon as there is an alternative, I am switching.

Century Link short changed an elderly friend of mine. She chose the 25mbps package but she could never reliably stream video. I tried several speed tests sites over several days to reveal she had a .5mbps connection. When she confronted them over the phone about it, they kept telling her she was getting what she paid for. She has also terminated her service with them.

Posted by: illustratton
Date: February 13, 2016 02:56PM
That was my experience with Century Link - NEVER delivered what they promised. In my area, Cox, is the alternative. Speedy, Reliable -But still costly and they seem to raise their rates every year. All in all, I'm happy with their service.

pRICE cUBE
I had them for a few years and they exhibited bad customer service. They kept promising faster speed but could only deliver 1.25mbps (on a good day) on DSL. After sending out numerous technicians, one was honest enough to tell me that 1.25 was all this line was ever going to do, ever. The conditions just would not allow it. It confirmed my suspicions. He indirectly said they knew it also and the whole tech parade was a charade. That is why I am using Comcrap. With have awful customer service but Comcrap is faster. As soon as there is an alternative, I am switching.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: February 14, 2016 10:36AM
"Our competition is using metered plans today," said Stewart Ewing, CenturyLink's chief financial officer, during an earnings call this week. "And we think it's an area we have to explore and consider."

His idea of competing is to see how much less service they can deliver.
Posted by: ADent
Date: February 14, 2016 03:10PM
What is the cap going to be?

I have Centurylink (it was Qwest when I signed up) and they have had an excess use limit since day one. It was 250GB/month and typically it was only enforced if you used more than 750GB in a quarter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018