advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How Does A Small Biz Do Apple Pay?
Posted by: chopper
Date: May 26, 2016 07:33AM
Standing in line at my local butcher shop the other night as their credit card machine went down 3 times ... long line of people on their iPhones ... hmmmm.

Can any small business sign up and use Apple Pay? I Googled the term and seems like just the bigger brands offer it.

Any suggestions?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How Does A Small Biz Do Apple Pay?
Posted by: jardster
Date: May 26, 2016 07:37AM
I accept ApplePay, but that is because the Credit Card machine I use takes contactless payments. I didn't have to do anything special. That being said, if my credit card machine was done, then ApplePay would be down as well.

Posted by: TheTominator
Date: May 26, 2016 07:38AM
How do I start accepting Apple Pay in my store?

It looks like Square has a reader that accepts Apple Pay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 08:02AM by TheTominator.
Posted by: michaelb
Date: May 26, 2016 08:31AM
I have seen several small businesses using apple pay. So more than big box retailers. These are small corner/country store type of places and so it is a surprise. And apple pay works at them, which is sort of amazing.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: May 26, 2016 08:43AM
if your credit card provider is set up for it and you purchase the right equipment you can take Apple Pay. yes Square has that capability thought I haven't chosen to buy the reader. it's not all that expensive but was still overkill for my micro business.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 09:23AM by graylocks.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: May 26, 2016 08:47AM
A Mennonite bakery way out in the absolute boondocks uses Apple Pay. I asked them if anyone had used it yet. They said a few. My iPhone 5 won't work with it, so I'm needing maybe 5se...

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: DP
Date: May 26, 2016 10:58AM
My iPhone 5 won't work with it

Why not?

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: billb
Date: May 26, 2016 11:55AM
iPhone 5, 5c, 5s lacks hardware necessary for Applepay. ( Secure Element chip that encrypts the transaction )
There's a way around it supposedly by pairing with an apple watch that does have the secure hardware.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: May 26, 2016 06:22PM
Depends on the capabilities and prices from their CC processor.

My company got a new NFC-compatible swiper automatically a few months ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018