Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone using the $60 Monoprice camera
Posted by: Go To Top
Date: July 10, 2016 06:46PM
MHD Sport 2.0 Wi-Fi® Action Camera

One day you're at 5000 feet, skiing down a black diamond trail, and the next you're 100 feet below the waves, surrounded by sea life. When you live an active life it is easy for everything to blur together. Keep your memories sharply in focus by recording your activities w...
FREE SHIPPING

A man who is of "sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
(Paul Valery)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone using the $60 Monoprice camera
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 10, 2016 07:05PM
Thanks for the tip. I have been looking at lower priced action cameras with WiFi for a backup camera that doesn't need a cable run to the display. I may buy it if it does what I want, I need to read through the manual.

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2016 07:06PM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Posted by: davester
Date: July 10, 2016 08:09PM
Go To Top
One day you're at 5000 feet, skiing down a black diamond trail, and the next you're 100 feet below the waves, surrounded by sea life. When you live an active life it is easy for everything to blur together.

Yeah, that's exactly what it' like. Uhoh, gotta run....skydiving before dinner!

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: SteveO
Date: July 11, 2016 12:34AM
Hey that is good to know, thanks for posting. Been considering a cheap cam for my bike.

Price currently $89 -- was there a bigger sale earlier?

[www.monoprice.com]

EDIT: AH, I see that $60 non-wrist-remote version here:

[www.monoprice.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2016 12:39AM by SteveO.
Posted by: DP
Date: July 11, 2016 06:15AM
I bought the cam for $60 and it came with the wrist remote for that price. But, I've only barely opened the package. What I'll be interested in is the battery life. I had and small cam that never got better than 2 hours record time. That may be normal with cheap cams...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: July 11, 2016 03:10PM
DP
I bought the cam for $60 and it came with the wrist remote for that price. But, I've only barely opened the package. What I'll be interested in is the battery life. I had and small cam that never got better than 2 hours record time. That may be normal with cheap cams...

I read a review today (either Amazon or WM) that said you shouldn't let battery get below 50%...but it didn't say why. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the batt.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 11, 2016 04:24PM
SteveO
I read a review today (either Amazon or WM) that said you shouldn't let battery get below 50%...but it didn't say why. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the batt.

Cheap electronics without a low voltage shutoff will run batteries below what is considered Zero capacity. This is why some Apple devices are hard to get going again if they were left in a discharged state. Overdraining, and overcharging while cold, will supposedly age LiON the fastest.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 11, 2016 06:34PM
....no, had mono before.......not fun...........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Diana , Z
Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018