advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I talked to a factory Rep. of the Hot Tub that I posted about the other day.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 06, 2016 01:00PM
It's a rotomolded tub. The only access you have to the workings of the tub is through the small door to the
electrical area. If there's ever a leak you have to drain it turn it up on it's side or upside down, dig out the
sprayed in foam and repair. Most hot tubs have a removable skirt for access to the plumbing, it may still
be sprayed with foam but there's still access to the plumbing. I can't imagine trying to dig out foam in a
small gap between the outer shell and the inner tub shell.

I know several have mentioned a Hot Springs, I know they're great tubs but out of my price range.

[forums.macresource.com]

Grateful11
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I talked to a factory Rep. of the Hot Tub that I posted about the other day.
Posted by: billb
Date: October 07, 2016 05:27PM
I,m a guess that increases efficiency/energy use age quite a bit. Probably more important up my way with high electric rates and cold weather.
Now that we've downsized,don't have room for a hot tub, but it sure would be nice.
Outside is pretty much not an option here.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Re: I talked to a factory Rep. of the Hot Tub that I posted about the other day.
Posted by: jims
Date: October 07, 2016 07:33PM
We had a Hot Springs for 16 years and left it with the house when we moved. A friend bought a hot tub from Home Depot that broke down within the first month. The repair company took 6 weeks to come to town and fix it. He was always having problems with it.
We bought a used Tiger River spa (built by Watkins which also makes Hot Springs) when we moved to this house in 2002. It was a year old and we paid about half of new price for it. It is still running strong. I have had the pump rebuilt once and that is all I have spent on it.
With hot tubs I believe you are better off if you buy a name brand, even if you have to buy it used.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 07, 2016 08:55PM
Yea I'm leaning more towards a Nordic. All the dealers I've talked to said they're a great basic tub with good
hydrotherapy. All these dealers sell higher end tubs Sundance, Marquis, Caldera, etc. The Sundance / Nordic
dealer has been in business over 20 years and he said he's had maybe 5 service calls on his Nordics but
the Sundance, which is full of frills, he said we are called on them way more than they should be.

My wife is pretty much set in not getting a used tub. We've actually went and looked a few and they either
turned out to be a lot older than they let on or in worse shape than they stated.

Nordics are sprayed in foam but all the skirting can be removed for access to the entire tub without
flipping it or turning it on it's side.

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 267
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018