advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Quicken 2017
Posted by: Kludgy Thingy
Date: October 17, 2016 01:11PM
Upgraded to Sierra about 2 weeks ago. Unbeknownst to me the old version of Quicken (2007) isn't compatible, my bad for not checking. So I bought Quicken 2016 and hated it. New version came out last week, 2017. I'm within the 60 days to return for a refund. Should I get Quicken 2017 or some others such as iBank, MoneyDance, etc. as mentioned here in this forum? My need is very simple. I'm using the software to reconcile different checking and credit card accounts and as bills reminder.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Quicken 2017
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 17, 2016 01:24PM
What OS did you upgrade from? Were you running the "Lion compatible" Intel version of Quicken 2007 before? Reports are that it should continue to work on Sierra. The PowerPC version of Quicken 2007 stopped working on 10.7 Lion.

[www.macintouch.com]

Quicken Essentials (QE) won't run under macOS Sierra, but Quicken 2007 (Q2007) and later will run.

Fortunately I'd heard that QE wouldn't run under Sierra before upgrading from El Capitan, so I was able to export my data from QE into a format that Q2007 could import. Since upgrading to Sierra I've had no problems with Q2007.
Posted by: tlh828
Date: October 17, 2016 01:46PM
"Lion compatible" update to Quicken 2007 works for me under Sierra.
Date: October 17, 2016 01:47PM
El Capitan. I'm not exactly sure which version of Quicken. I'll check tonight and do some more research. Thanks!
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 17, 2016 02:21PM
Kludgy Thingy
El Capitan. I'm not exactly sure which version of Quicken. I'll check tonight and do some more research. Thanks!

If it was running on El Capitan then it must have been an Intel/Lion version of Q2007. What's uncertain is if it was the latest update (which you download from within the app), or if a specific update level is required for Sierra, or if you have some other type of problem.

16.2.4 seems to be the latest revision.

[www.quicken.com]
Posted by: chopper
Date: October 17, 2016 02:22PM
Never update.
Date: October 17, 2016 03:18PM
chopper
Never update.

As in "Do Not Update"? Why?

It maybe too late now to try to update from within the app to the latest Quicken 2007 since it likely won't open in Sierra.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: October 17, 2016 03:25PM
I just used Quicken 2007 today on MacBook Pro running very latest macOS. Works fine.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Date: October 17, 2016 10:36PM
Quicken 2007 did open in Sierra. Was at 16.2.3. Updated to 16.2.4. Seems to work fine now. Thanks for all your help!
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 18, 2016 05:01PM
I think this new company, just did a few minor changes. Mobile App may do more, And some of the things on the left side of Quicken 2016, are now put on top as a choice.

I have Quicken for Mac 2016, and it "seems" like I just bought it.

I wish my son used it, so we could split the cost.

When I went from 2015 to 2016 didn't solve my problems with Direct Connect and the Mobile App screwing up the Desktop online balances. So that was a hopeful waste. Went back to Quicken Connect recently even though my credit union offers the Direct Connect, but like I said Mobile App would go bonkers to the Desktop online balance. And I have talked to support TNTC. (Too Numerous Too Count)....

Wait for 2017 to go to 50% off, and then split with someone or 3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 257
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018