advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Does Larry King ever pitch anything but softballs?
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: January 12, 2006 11:19PM
Geeeze, tonight he's interviewing the psycho broad that married Eric Menendez (you remember, shotgun blasts to his sleeping mom and dad and then a spending spree as he celebrated). And it's like, well he's just so nice to her.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Does Larry King ever pitch anything but softballs?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2006 11:31PM
according to his wife and past wives. . .he could pitch something that begins with a T and rhymes with Rent. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mick e
Date: January 13, 2006 06:39AM
Be basically patted the hand of Fraudist Author James Frey, and gave him a warm bottle.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: January 13, 2006 07:06AM
I didn't even know he played .... and at that age?
Posted by: brofoski
Date: January 13, 2006 10:22AM
The James Frey interview was embarrassing. I've never really watched Larry King before, is he always that worthless? I guess I can understand that he can't read every book, but geez, doesn't he have some sort of research staff?

I don't think this was an interview at all. It was a PR event. Oprah was also very calculated with her call. At first she makes a statement that she waited to call, until she heard what James had to say. Then after realizing that it made her sound like she waiting to see which bandwagon to jump on, she tried to cover it. She made some remark from out of the blue, that she had been trying to call the whole show, but the lines are busy. Yeah, right Oprah.

The media is going to rip Frey apart. I'm sure they are already digging up the truth on this guy.
Posted by: Silencio
Date: January 13, 2006 11:56AM
I never did catch the whole James Frey story.

And does anyone really watch Larry King anymore? He seemed like such a lightweight (with just a touch of gravitas to throw off the unsuspecting) when I watched some of his shows on CNN 20 years ago. Now he just looks like he sleeps in a bathtub full of formaldehyde every night in order to keep himself preserved. He's pitched so many softballs in his career, his throwing hand is permanently turned outwards.
Posted by: Robo
Date: January 13, 2006 12:53PM
Has he finally completed his transition to a fully fledged praying mantis?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 175
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018