advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $100.53 ( 0.00 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OT: can i lease a car from another state?
Posted by: robfilms
Date: December 04, 2006 08:52PM
i live in new york state. can i lease a car from a dealer in michigan? or florida? or anywhere else i can find a decent lease deal?

i've never leased a car before so i am not aware if this is an obvious question, a naive question, or just a plain stupid question.

thanks in advance or your patience.

be well

rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2006 08:52PM by robfilms.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OT: can i lease a car from another state?
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: December 04, 2006 09:01PM
Rob,

I asked the Suburban dealership that Q before, when I was interested in a Pacifica lease, and they said yes.

Posted by: Seacrest
Date: December 04, 2006 09:54PM
As long as you pay the required fees to your state (and the car passes inspection), you can pretty much get a car from Timbuktu if you want.
Posted by: blusubaru
Date: December 04, 2006 11:30PM
Don't some leases require you do regular maintainence with them? That could eat into your allowed mileage if you were going to be driving from NY to FL for an oil change smiling smiley
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 05, 2006 12:16AM
I managed a Jiffy Lube for 2 years, and we serviced a lot of fleet vehicles. As long as the leasee can prove that the required maintenance was done by an approved facility at the proper intervals, they don't really care where it is done.

Most lease vehicles have a service folder that needs to be stamped and sighned when the work is done, or the leasee needs to keep all reciepts with the mileage on them along with the service records. no different really than a new vehicle, and trying to keep the warranty valid with proper servicing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2006 12:17AM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login