advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $97.38 ( +0.35 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
USPS Online Postage: How do I unlock my account?
Posted by: The Grim Ninja
Date: December 07, 2006 10:38AM
So, I have an account with USPS online to print postage, ect. I was having trouble with the account one day because I have the password auto-saved, and was using Safari to test problems with it. I couldn't remember the password for the account. I tried many times, I tried the "forgot password" form, but it didn't like my answer or capitalization, or something... Eventually, my account was locked.

I've tried searching the USPS site, tried google, tried google searching the USPS site. I can't find any reference to locked accounts. I know the password now, but it doesn't do any good with the account still locked.

I'm going to need the account in about 2 weeks to send some packages that won't be going through the eBay/paypal system.

Any help would be appreciated..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: USPS Online Postage: How do I unlock my account?
Posted by: graylocks
Date: December 07, 2006 10:55AM
can you just open another account?

one of the features i like in firefox is the ability to look up the autofilled password in prefs. has saved my butt a number of times. very handy if your computer resides in a secure area. i just checked Safari; it doesn't seem to have this.
Posted by: TL
Date: December 07, 2006 11:01AM
Did you know you can print postage from PayPal even when they aren't related to PayPal/ebay purchases or sales in any way?

[www.paypal.com]
Posted by: The Grim Ninja
Date: December 07, 2006 11:05AM
I didn't know you could ship through paypal without a paypal/ebay transaction. I kinda had a hunch you could, but could never find the link.

Could you walk me through it?
Posted by: TL
Date: December 07, 2006 12:45PM
Sure. Hit that link, then log into your account. Check your address in the upper left. If you do carrier pickup, no need to change the zip, but if you drop off packages elsewhere, make sure the zip for that post office is correct. Then fill in the recipient's address. You can choose to let them get an email when you generate the label if you wish.

In the shipment Info section select your carrier (may be set to default to USPS). Then choose your mail class. Any options applicable to that class will be shown (such as no holiday delivery for Express). Then select your package size (flat rate, envelope, etc) and give it a weight. Even flat rate items need to have a weight entered.

Under shipment options select your shipping date (be sure to select the correct one, the USPS won't accept printed postage more than a day or two old). Choose SigConf if you want it, and you can also buy up to $500 insurance. Then hit continue.

On the next page you'll be shown a total price, and payment options. It can get really finicky about using a CC, so be prepared to use existing funds of an instant bank transfer if that happens.

If you use a popup blocker, turn it off before confirming the postage purchase, as the label will appear in a popup. Then print your label (turn the popup blocker on when you finish). That's all it takes.
Posted by: josntme
Date: December 07, 2006 06:32PM
I've used redroller.com in the past.
Posted by: usisu
Date: July 29, 2009 05:32PM
Hi there,

The same thing just happened to me; I locked myself out of my usps.com account. The fix is to click on the "I forgot my password" link on the login form and follow the on screen prompts. You will have a new password and an unlocked account.

Cheers,
HorticultureSource.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login