Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $153.80 ( -0.19 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Rockport walkers
Posted by: andypie48
Date: February 16, 2017 11:47AM
I have bought the Rockport Pro Walkers many times. Now I see they have 3 other kinds of walking shoes. I can't find a guide as to which one would be best for me. Does anyone have experience with this?

Mostly on pavement, occasionally on forest trails. Waterproof is a plus. No running.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rockport walkers
Posted by: Forrest
Date: February 16, 2017 12:20PM
If you like the old design, they are probably available at Boscovs
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 16, 2017 02:09PM
FWIW, I bought some walking shoes at Cabela's that are worthy of consideration. Can't recall the name but they retailed about $89 (although I snagged them half off at clearance). I was surprised at how good these are, to be honest. I was expecting them to fall apart after a few months, but they have held up well thus far (it's about 6mo now).
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 16, 2017 02:29PM
I strongly recommend trying and testing.

Like always, manufacturers change designs and materials all the time. I had a wonderful pair of Rockports. When they died, I bought the 'same' model. Except they sucked. Badly. I had to replace the innersoles to get more arch support. I wish I had gone and bought a spare set the first time.

Then again, I have fallen arches and toes that have been busted too many times, so my feet are kind of messy. A combination of genetics and clumsiness.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 16, 2017 02:49PM
"Then again, I have fallen arches and toes that have been busted too many times, so my feet are kind of messy. A combination of genetics and clumsiness. "

So many odd parallels in our lives! I usually buy at least 2 pairs when I find a good fit and good construction at a good price. I currently have 2 pairs of spares in boxes in my closet. Boot and ankle height boot.

Currently like the wide Sketchers Mariner boots, and the wide Cool Cat series shoe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2017 02:50PM by Racer X.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 16, 2017 04:26PM
.....will probably have mobility issues in the next few years.....no name brand walkers for me.....I'll just take the generic one, metal, or whatever Medicare covers......and use that......as long as it supports my weight and don't slip or fall.....o.k. by me......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 302
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015