advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $142.27 ( -0.17 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
take it to the LIMIT, one more time?!....AT&T will launch new unlimited plan tomorrow....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 16, 2017 02:59PM
.......more competition......

AT&T announces a new unlimited data plan

......AT&T announced Thursday that it will offer an unlimited data plan to everyone, following a similar move by Verizon earlier this week.

Previously, only DirecTV subscribers were allowed to sign up for AT&T's unlimited plan. Now anyone can.

A single line costs $100 per month and each additional line costs $40 more per month. You can add a fourth line for free, bringing the cost to $180 per month for four lines.

The plan doesn't include hotspot data. You'll have to pay extra if you want to tether your phone's connection to another device.

Like other "unlimited" plans, AT&T says it may slow down your speeds after you use 22 GB in a billing period during times of high network congestion.

As we've written before, there's no such thing as truly unlimited data. There's always a cap, and in some cases your speeds may be slowed down if you hit a certain limit. All four major carriers have similar policies. Still, you can use as much data as you want without being charged extra.

new unlimited plan..................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2017 03:37PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: take it to the LIMIT, one more time?!....AT&T will launch new unlimited plan tomorrow....
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: February 16, 2017 03:54PM
That would be well more than I'm currently paying for 3 phones and 15GB/mo with ATT.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Re: take it to the LIMIT, one more time?!....AT&T will launch new unlimited plan tomorrow....
Posted by: Bo
Date: February 16, 2017 04:49PM
rjmacs
That would be well more than I'm currently paying for 3 phones and 15GB/mo with ATT.

Out of curiosity, what are you paying for 3 phones & 15GB?

We're paying $125 before taxes on a shared 5GB with AT&T. Haven't looked in a while but might be time to change my plan if there are better deals these days.
Posted by: fauch
Date: February 16, 2017 06:06PM
Unless you are watching HD movies on your phone ALL day, why would anyone need unlimited data? If you are tethering, fine but that is not included. I just can't see using that much data on a phone to be worth what it costs...
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 16, 2017 07:42PM
fauch
Unless you are watching HD movies on your phone ALL day, why would anyone need unlimited data? If you are tethering, fine but that is not included. I just can't see using that much data on a phone to be worth what it costs...

Yes, I have the same question.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 16, 2017 07:49PM
on ATT and i pay $165 fees included for a 30GB plan with 5GB bonus every month plus rollover. three lines. most months we have about 40-50GB available. my son hogs a chunk and probably uses about 25GB a month. even still, we rollover something every month. see no need to consider anything else.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: February 16, 2017 08:42PM
I was waiting to see how AT&T was going to respond to Verizon's announcement.
Posted by: stephen
Date: February 17, 2017 09:03AM
I use 5.5 GB on my iPhone and 2-3 GB on my iPad.

Right now I'm overpaying $95 for AT&T grandfathered unlimited data on my phone and a well-priced $20 for 2 GB on my T-Mobile iPad (which also gives me free data overseas).

If T-Mobile's rural Georgia coverage gets there, I might eventually make the leap with my phone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 305
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015