advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $135.72 ( +0.38 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RUNning on empty?!.....new Sprint unlimited plans.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 17, 2017 10:33AM
.....everyone jumping on 'unlimited' wagon....

Sprint follows Verizon and T-Mobile in offering better unlimited data plans

......Five lines for $90 per month until March 31st, 2018

First Verizon announced that it would begin offering a new unlimited data plan. Then T-Mobile upped its unlimited plan to keep up with Verizon. Now, Sprint is getting in on the action with an improved unlimited data plan that’s on par with Verizon and T-Mobile’s latest offerings.

The new Sprint plan costs $65 per month for the first line (or $60, with an optional $5-per-month discount for using Sprint’s AutoPay system). Like Verizon and T-Mobile’s plans, it now includes unlimited HD video streaming and 10GB of mobile hotspot data. That’s somewhere in between its old unlimited offerings — which were a $55 per month plan without HD video — and a $75 per month Sprint Premium option that included HD content.

Like the old unlimited plans, users still have a 23GB per month limit before they begin to experience reduced speeds when the network is busy (for comparison, Verizon’s limit is 22GB, and T-Mobile is 28GB). Sprint is the worst option if you plan to take advantage of the 10GB of tethering, as it kicks users down to 2G speeds once they’ve used up their allocated data, instead of Verizon and T-Mobile’s reduction to 3G speeds.

Additional lines on the new Sprint plan typically cost $45 per month for a second line, and $35 per month for a third or fourth line (again, AutoPay offers a $5-per-month discount). But Sprint is running a rather impressive promotional pricing for new customers until March 31st, 2018, where a single unlimited line with AutoPay costs $50, a second line $40, after which the third, fourth, and fifth lines are all free (At least, until March 31st of next year, anyway, after which the carriage turns back into a pumpkin again and costs go up to the usual prices.) Like most carriers (except T-Mobile), all of those prices include some extra fees and taxes as well.......

another unlimited plan............................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2017 10:46AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RUNning on empty?!.....Sprint offers unlimited plans.......
Posted by: AllGold
Date: February 17, 2017 10:43AM
Sprint has had unlimited plans for years, at least for iPhone users. I'm not sure on the details but it was $60 at most and I think there might even have been a way to get a $50 unlimited plan.

Posted by: vision63
Date: February 17, 2017 11:14AM
AllGold
Sprint has had unlimited plans for years, at least for iPhone users. I'm not sure on the details but it was $60 at most and I think there might even have been a way to get a $50 unlimited plan.

For all users if that's what they choose. I average about 30gbs monthly.
Re: RUNning on empty?!.....new Sprint unlimited plans.......
Posted by: wurm
Date: February 17, 2017 11:38AM
Funny how all the carriers are jumping on the Unlimited bandwagon. A cynical person might think it was all arbitrary in how they decided to charge for their previous limited plans. I'm guessing bandwidth didn't all of a sudden become free or cheaper for them. Or did it?
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 17, 2017 12:16PM
Well, Sprint was the originator.
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: February 17, 2017 12:20PM
I still have my original unlimited plan from Sprint.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: February 17, 2017 12:54PM
AllGold

They gave me the $50 deal in April 2015, which was when I got my iPhone 6. I didn't get the phone through Sprint, and the $50 deal had expired by then, I think. But maybe because I'd been with them for 12 or so years, they gave me that price. I was very happy to get it. Only $20 more a month than the 300 minute/no data plan I'd had for my StupidPhone.
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: February 17, 2017 01:52PM
Well, AT&T blows : ) right now.... Sorry I just re-upped with them out of laziness.

Bryan
Posted by: polychrome
Date: February 17, 2017 06:13PM
Sprint isn't jumping on the bandwagon as they've offered an unlimited plan for quite a while. I'm on an older unlimited one without speed throttling but I don't use much data anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 271
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015