advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 
 

AAPL stock: $146.28 ( +0.65 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 20, 2017 07:48AM
....more due to his stupidity for charging his iPhone while in the bath......

....so he ran an extension cord from outside the bath, then placed the charged on his chest.....the charger made contact with the water and then......


Man dies after charging his iPhone while using it in the bath

.....A British man was fatally electrocuted as a result of charging an iPhone while he was using it in the bath, a coroner has recorded. The coroner warned of the dangers of using electrical devices in bathrooms, and said that he would be writing to Apple about the case.

The tragedy appears to have occurred because Richard Bull ran an extension cord from a plug socket outside the bathroom and placed the charger on his chest while using the phone, reports the Daily Mail.

PC Craig Pattison told the inquest at West London Coroner’s Court how he found the extension lead running from the hallway outside into the bathroom.’

‘We found an iPhone plugged into the extension cable and then the charger element in the bath,’ he explained. ‘The extension cable was on the floor and it appeared as though he had his phone charger on his chest and the part between the phone charger and the cable had made contact with the water.’

The coroner said that manufacturers should warn of the danger, and that he would be writing a report to send to Apple.

At an inquest into his death the coroner issued a warning about using the ‘innocuous devices’ which can be ‘as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom.’ Recording a verdict of accidental death, Dr Sean Cummings said: ‘These seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. ‘They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.’

In this particular case, it appears that placing the charger – which carries mains voltage – in a position where it was likely to come into contact with water was the cause. Using the supplied Apple charger in this way would have also required the mains extension to be on his chest, while using an iPad charger would have allowed the extension to remain on the floor, as appears to be the case here. But using any device connected to mains power in a bath is obviously not a smart idea.



yikes............................?!



____________________________________________________

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: Dik2
Date: March 20, 2017 08:14AM
But was the iPhone unhurt?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2017 08:15AM by Dik2.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: freeradical
Date: March 20, 2017 08:30AM
[forums.macresource.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: Sam3
Date: March 20, 2017 09:22AM
The coroner is an idiot. Or has an axe to grind with Apple.

Quote
NewtonMP2100
....more due to his stupidity for charging his iPhone while in the bath......

....so he ran an extension cord from outside the bath, then placed the charged on his chest.....the charger made contact with the water and then......

::snip::

The coroner said that manufacturers should warn of the danger, and that he would be writing a report to send to Apple.

At an inquest into his death the coroner issued a warning about using the ‘innocuous devices’ which can be ‘as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom.’ Recording a verdict of accidental death, Dr Sean Cummings said: ‘These seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. ‘They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.’

In this particular case, it appears that placing the charger – which carries mains voltage – in a position where it was likely to come into contact with water was the cause. Using the supplied Apple charger in this way would have also required the mains extension to be on his chest, while using an iPad charger would have allowed the extension to remain on the floor, as appears to be the case here. But using any device connected to mains power in a bath is obviously not a smart idea.[/i]


yikes............................?!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: billb
Date: March 20, 2017 10:58AM
We should ban electricity.



The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin


BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: testcase
Date: March 20, 2017 11:41AM
Ya just can't fix STUPID boink smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: Randalls
Date: March 20, 2017 12:47PM
Cover up. Russian party-time connection.
smiley-music039
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: March 21, 2017 12:08AM
Putting the warning on the innocent phone is pointless. The warning should be on extension cord: "Do not stick the end of this extension cord in water." They can put it right underneath the "Contains materials known to cause cancer," "Warning! Strangulation risk!" and "Caution - people may trip over this cord and develop one or more of the following 100 health complications as a result of a fall" labels.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 21, 2017 02:20AM
Quote
testcase
Ya just can't fix STUPID boink smiley

smiley-score010
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 21, 2017 02:21AM
My step-son calls that filtering the gene pool.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: man dies due to his iPhone.....
Posted by: Robert M
Date: March 21, 2017 08:14AM
Newton,

Your subject is _way_ off. The man died because of his own stupidity, not due to his iphone. smiling smiley

Robert
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 236
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015