advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $143.65 ( -0.14 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
try....try again?!....if you missed the DirecTV Now / free Apple TV offer....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 20, 2017 12:04PM
....it is back for limited time and includes free HBO.....until March 30th....

....it doesn't say if the 'Go Big' is still $35/month......

New DirecTV Now Deal Includes Free HBO For A Year

.....AT&T’s DirecTV has unveiled a new deal for its DirecTV Now streaming service, sweetening its HBO offering by offering the premium cable network for free for a year for new customers who subscribe to the Go Big or Gotta Have It packages.

New customers can still sign up for three months of pre-paid service on any DirecTV package and get an Apple TV included. Both offers end March 30, the company said.

Before today, HBO was offered at $5 a month on the service. The network is owned by Time Warner, which AT&T has agreed to acquire for $85 billion. That deal is still to be approved.

In late January, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson in a call with analysts to discuss the company’s Q4 earnings touted DirecTV Now which he said has onboarded 200,000 customers since it launched November 20.

a second chance.................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2017 12:14PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: try....try again?!....if you missed the DirecTV Now / free Apple TV offer....
Posted by: zachdog
Date: March 20, 2017 12:28PM
Meh. I plan on letting go of the subscription next week. I appreciated the free Apple TV, but the service was buggy in the beginning and not something that I use now.
Re: try....try again?!....if you missed the DirecTV Now / free Apple TV offer....
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: March 20, 2017 12:41PM
I'd consider it if it qualified for the "single sign on" @#$%& you need in order to get other channels (e.g., DisneyXD, FX, Cartoon Network, etc.) on AppleTV to work fully.

Posted by: Robert M
Date: March 20, 2017 12:43PM
Newton,

I can't find a link that takes you to DirectTV Now and gets you the Apple TV and Free HBO in the article. Had to go to Directtvnow directly:

<[www.directvnow.com];

The deal includes an AppleTV 4th Generation 32GB model.

BTW, ebates gets you $16.00 cash back, too. smiling smiley

Robert

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2017 12:46PM by Robert M.
Posted by: Dik2
Date: March 20, 2017 12:52PM
I got that deal. Does anyone else here have it and can you get DirecTVNow On Demand content?
I get it on computer but not on TV fed by AppleTV.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 20, 2017 01:35PM
Seems good to us. Just dropped Sling.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 20, 2017 09:56PM
Looks interesting, might even be willing to look into it further if there was a way to see what was available in each package without registering first. Or if there is a way to get to that information, could someone post a link?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 20, 2017 10:00PM
....here is a link with channels....

the line-up........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 403
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015