The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $140.64 ( -0.28 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Post Cereals!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 20, 2017 03:44PM
Some of the best!

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Post Cereals!
Posted by: billb
Date: March 20, 2017 03:48PM

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin

BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 20, 2017 05:47PM
HBO's are my fave Post Cereals!

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: March 20, 2017 08:35PM
I keep away from Honey Bunches of Oats. A box lasts me only 2 days or so - I have no control.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: March 20, 2017 08:44PM
Do they make Cap'n Crunch and Fruit Loops?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 20, 2017 09:10PM
.....you sure like that a bunch......there is quite a bit of sugar in it though......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 20, 2017 09:52PM
S. Pupp
I keep away from Honey Bunches of Oats. A box lasts me only 2 days or so - I have no control.

I can blow through a box of Cracklin' Oat Bran in one sitting. Then it blows through me for the rest of the day.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 20, 2017 10:44PM
Do they still use BHT in the packaging?
Posted by: digby
Date: March 20, 2017 11:00PM
When I open a new box, I inhale that first whiff of cereal and murmer "Ahhhh, BHA and BHT added to packaging to preserve product freshness..."
Date: March 20, 2017 11:14PM
NewtonMP2100
.....you sure like that a bunch......there is quite a bit of sugar in it though......

The HBO's I eat regularly mostly have 6g or less sugar per serving (one has 7g), and I mix it w/ high fiber Kashi that tops out at 4g per serving, so the sugar intake for the mixed serving isn't too bad compared to real sugary cereals. The small, but tasty, mixed serving of cereal moderates the morning meds and is washed down w/ 8 to 9 ozs. of low sodium V8 juice.
==
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 20, 2017 11:49PM
Uh, as I read those words, the image was that your V-8 juice is in the bowl with the cereal. Just saying. barf smiley
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 21, 2017 06:55AM
....I do the same, I will mix in mini shredded wheat to other cereals to increase fiber and cut down on 'total' sugar.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Michael
Date: March 21, 2017 02:19PM
Those are on sale at Kroger through today for $2.88 and if you buy 5, it's $5.00 off so nets at $1.88 each.

I bought some Honey Bunches of Oats for my wife and Grape Nuts for me.
Date: March 21, 2017 04:16PM
Michael
Those are on sale at Kroger through today for $2.88 and if you buy 5, it's $5.00 off so nets at $1.88 each.

I bought some Honey Bunches of Oats for my wife and Grape Nuts for me.

That's when I stock up on HBO's, too... the two buck threshold at Ralphs (our Kroger here in L.A.) or Fart & Sminal, since that's about the same net as the big box at Costco. The 46oz. V8 is also on sale at Ralphs when they do the $5 off 5 items, plus we always use the 50¢ off 1 or $1 off 2 V8's coupons, so $1.49 ain't bad. Some Targets have a good deal on the 64oz. low sodium V8, but unfortunately it's rarely in stock, and the 46oz. isn't special. Occasionally Big Lots here gets the 64oz. bottles in, and that's the best deal going when it happens.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 325
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015