Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $143.79 ( +0.11 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Turkey perch
Posted by: tronnei
Date: March 20, 2017 08:45PM
Per our recent discussion on turkeys, there were two rather large ones in the woods right off my deck tonight. While I was grilling right around sunset I heard a small commotion and saw one of them perched in the trees. He stayed on that branch for several minutes before flying off to another tree across the street.

First time I've ever seen one in flight.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Turkey perch
Posted by: rz
Date: March 20, 2017 08:51PM
As God is my witness...
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 20, 2017 09:49PM
Oh sweet jeebus, don't look it up on urban dictionary, you might hurt yourself doubling over with laughter.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 20, 2017 10:20PM
Racer X
Oh sweet jeebus, don't look it up on urban dictionary, you might hurt yourself doubling over with laughter.

smiley-shocked003

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 20, 2017 10:52PM
rz
As God is my witness...

Best Les Nessman ... EVER.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: March 21, 2017 12:01AM
It seems Nessman was right.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 21, 2017 10:21AM
It was Carlson.

Mr.Carlson, having emerged from the helicopter covered in turkey feathers exclaims "As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly".
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 21, 2017 10:48AM
Relive the magic:

Les Nessman: I'm here with hundreds of people who have gathered to witness what has been described as perhaps the greatest turkey event in Thanksgiving Day history. All we know for sure is that in a very few moments there are going to be a lot of happy people out here. Now the crowd is...

[passers-by gawk at Les]

Les Nessman: The... the crowd is uh... curious but well behaved. And I think I hear something now. Uh... The crowd is moving out into the parking area. And... oh yes! I can see it now. It's a... it's a... helicopter and it's coming this way!

Andy Travis: A helicopter?

Les Nessman: It's flying something behind it and I can't quite make it out. It's a large banner and it says H A P P Y... T H A N K S... giving... from W... K... R... P! What a sight, ladies and gentlemen. What a sight. The 'copter seems to circling the parking area now. I guess it's looking for a place to land. No! Something just came out of the back of a helicopter. It's a dark object, perhaps a skydiver plummeting to the earth from only two thousand feet in the air... There's a third... No parachutes yet... Those can't be skydivers. I can't tell just yet what they are but... Oh my God! They're turkeys! Oh no! Johnny can you get this? Oh, they're crashing to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! This is terrible! Everyone's running around pushing each other. Oh my goodness! Oh, the humanity! People are running about. The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Folks, I don't know how much longer... The crowd is running for their lives. I think I'm going to step inside. I can't stand here and watch this anymore. No, I can't go in there. Children are searching for their mothers and oh, not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this. I don't know how much longer I can hold my position here, Johnny. The crowd...

Dr. Johnny Fever: Les? Les? Les, are you there? Les isn't there. Thanks for that on-the-spot report, Les. For those of you who've just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven.
Posted by: 3d
Date: March 21, 2017 11:50AM
Creepy turkeys circling a dead cat.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 21, 2017 02:08PM
Turkey Perch?

Is that anything like Chicken of The Sea?

What kind of lure do you use for it?
Posted by: tronnei
Date: March 21, 2017 03:19PM
Acer
Relive the magic:

Les Nessman: I'm here with hundreds of people who have gathered to witness what has been described as perhaps the greatest turkey event in Thanksgiving Day history. All we know for sure is that in a very few moments there are going to be a lot of happy people out here. Now the crowd is...

The beauty of that scene is that they made no attempt, other than a few sound effects, to try to actually depict the turkey disaster. All the comedy is derived from Nessman's description of the scene.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2017 03:19PM by tronnei.
Posted by: jawg
Date: March 21, 2017 10:01PM
About ten years ago I was walking the dog along a park trail that crossed a small creek bed.
The commotion was very startling as a full grown turkey instantly launched out of the creek bed straight up into the trees up to about fifty feet above me. I had no idea any bird so big could get up in the air so fast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015