advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $170.13 ( -0.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Perhaps a useful website that aggregates "best of" stuff for iOS and Mac setups (thesweetsetup.com)
Posted by: clay
Date: March 31, 2017 12:25PM
[thesweetsetup.com]

I think I heard about this site on a podcast of some sort that the guy behind the site was on. Anyway, I had never come across it before today, and at first glance, it seems like a nice clean way to see the "best of" across a wide variety of areas.

Hope someone here will find it useful. I have no connection with the site other than just having discovered it and browsed through a couple of articles.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Perhaps a useful website that aggregates "best of" stuff for iOS and Mac setups (thesweetsetup.com)
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: March 31, 2017 01:30PM
It’s a nice idea but I find it offputting when the site is such a ripoff of Brian Lam’s sites.
Re: Perhaps a useful website that aggregates "best of" stuff for iOS and Mac setups (thesweetsetup.com)
Posted by: clay
Date: March 31, 2017 01:32PM
Mike Johnson
It’s a nice idea but I find it offputting when the site is such a ripoff of Brian Lam’s sites.

I have no idea who that is...have a link?
Posted by: numbered
Date: March 31, 2017 03:43PM
The Wirecutter

The Sweet Home
Posted by: Robert M
Date: March 31, 2017 05:13PM
Clay,

I took a look. Way definitely _not_ listing the "Best of" Mac and iOS apps. Superduper over Carbon Copy Cloner? I think not. SuperDuper may be fine for basic clones but when it comes to design, features and overall usability, it's _way_ outclassed by Carbon Copy Cloner.

Robert
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: March 31, 2017 10:20PM
Umm, the sweet setup was out there for freaking years befor wirecutter or sweethearts me. I find thee latter two more useful, but it's wrong and unfair that slime sweet setup, when they were first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015