advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How easy is it to return an item to Amazon if you don't like it but nothing is wrong with it?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 06, 2017 08:05PM
Say a shirt that doesn't fit, an iron thats cord is too short, a faucet that feels too flimsy. Do they send a printable label? Do you have to pay for the return? Do you have to insure it? Does it have to be UPS or FEDEX or USPS?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How easy is it to return an item to Amazon if you don't like it but nothing is wrong with it?
Posted by: TheToddler
Date: April 06, 2017 08:21PM
Super easy, but you pay shipping. Occasionally items (most often shoes) allow free returns.

You go to Amazon, click to get printable label and return form that goes in box.
Re: How easy is it to return an item to Amazon if you don't like it but nothing is wrong with it?
Posted by: cyclemax
Date: April 06, 2017 09:57PM
Actually, Amazon has free returns on a number of items in clothing, shoes, jewelry and others. I think just about every item of clothing and shoes I've purchased on Amazon have had free returns, which I have taken advantage of. As TheToddler said, returns are easy, but you will have to pay shipping on most other items that you return because you don't like them.

Free Returns
Posted by: DavidS
Date: April 06, 2017 10:28PM
If you have an Amazon brick and mortar "store" nearby, you can drop it off and they will ship it from there for free.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 06, 2017 11:01PM
YMMV. It's been flawless for me.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: April 07, 2017 12:27PM
Dennis,

I concur with the other. Amazon makes it easy. Amazon will cover the shipping on some but not all items. Sometimes, they don't even want the item back. Returns from items bought via 3rd party companies selling through amazon is usually easy. Again, sometimes the seller covers the shipping. Sometimes you have to cover it. Sometimes you get to keep the item.

I did have an issue with one 3rd party selling through amazon. They questioned my reason for returning items and gave me a hard time about it. Let's just say I did not respond kindly to them. I suspect the seller took the items back only because they knew I'd make a _huge_ stink about it.

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 223
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020