Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $153.78 ( +1.04 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Driver survives after car dragged 4 miles by semi
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 20, 2017 12:45PM
No word on if the driver required a new pair of pants.

[truckyeah.jalopnik.com]

A cell phone video, taken yesterday by a driver named Brian Steimke, shows a maroon Nissan Maxima being dragged along behind a truck. When Steimke pulled up alongside the car, he discovered the Nissan’s driver still in the driver’s seat, waving frantically for someone to stop the truck.

Steimke’s video caption said that the two had been driving in this manner for four miles.

After the truck pulled over, Steimke could be seen approaching the truck driver, demanding why he kept driving when there was clearly a car stuck to his truck. “I didn’t know it,” was the truck driver’s response.

The incident occurred yesterday afternoon on the Cajon Pass in California, reports CBS Los Angeles. Thankfully, the driver, who wished to remain unidentified, escaped without injury. The truck driver was also unidentified. The California Highway Patrol said that the crash was “not considered a criminal incident.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 12:46PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Driver survives after car dragged 4 miles by semi
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 20, 2017 12:55PM
I'm guessing a phone was involved.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: April 20, 2017 01:05PM
From the location of the car, the truck driver was not paying attention to his mirrors. Someone may have a bit of explaining to do to his employer.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 20, 2017 01:08PM
Yup. That was my first thought too.
Posted by: rz
Date: April 20, 2017 01:52PM
Doesn't surprise me. Most drivers these days seem oblivious to their surroundings.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 20, 2017 02:01PM
Ho Lee..... lucky lucky dude...One bad bump in the road and he would have been pancaked.
Posted by: billb
Date: April 20, 2017 03:07PM
looks like one of those trailers with the big metal bar that sticks out holding the mud flaps and lights .
I've always thought those could easily snag a car like a fish hook if a car got too close

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin

BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: April 20, 2017 03:23PM
*Whew*! Close call!

We had something similar happen just a few miles from my house, about two years ago. Car was returning from holiday vacation with family and came upon a semi during a snowstorm and slid under the truck, getting stuck. Truck driver was unaware, and dragged the car 16 miles before terrified folks could be rescued!

[www.mlive.com]

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 20, 2017 03:33PM
The truck driver is an idiot.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 20, 2017 05:47PM
You are the trucker, right? I was hoping you would chime in.

Basic tenant of defensive driving is always keep yours eyes moving. Look ahead, of course, but always check side mirrors, out the side windows, and not just at the vehicle in front of you, but who is in front of them, down the block, the next block. Anticipate trouble and avoid it before it becomes trouble.

This guy really blew it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 05:56PM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 287
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015