Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $155.87 ( -2.8556 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Is there any way to get "on the map?"
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 20, 2017 02:21PM
We moved to a new subdivision that isn't showing up yet on Maps or Google Maps.
It has been almost six months since we moved in and there are now six houses that are occupied.
They said after a few houses were sold and the deeds recorded that we should start showing up, but it hasn't happened yet.
I looks like you can add an address of a business on Google Maps but not a residence.
Does anyone know any way to get our address to show up? It is a new street, so nothing comes up when you do a search. turbo naughty smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Is there any way to get "on the map?"
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 20, 2017 02:34PM
Tell Google a Kardashian moved there.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 20, 2017 02:39PM
I'm a map editor on Waze. I 'built' a new road they put in the second week it was accessible.

Apparently you can sign up for Google Local Guides, which lets you 'edit' their maps.
Yeah. NVM.. its a social useless yelp wannabe from the corpse of Google plus. Barf.

[maps.google.com]

Oh, and supposedly Apple Maps lets you submit edits in the app.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 02:42PM by cbelt3.
Posted by: bik
Date: April 20, 2017 02:40PM
In Google Maps, go to the top left, click the hamburger menu > Send feedback > Report a Missing Road.
Posted by: billb
Date: April 20, 2017 02:44PM
You can suggest an edit in the same tools as the menu where you would edit business ( at least you can if you have a google account and are signed in ) but they'll still most likely not edit the map until your town amends their public records.
You could picket town hall
keep it residential

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: DavidS
Date: April 20, 2017 02:46PM
Are you sure you still exist? Maybe this is all a dream.
Date: April 20, 2017 02:46PM
bik
In Google Maps, go to the top left, click the hamburger menu > Send feedback > Report a Missing Road.

Oooooo, I will try that. Thanks.

Posted by: vision63
Date: April 20, 2017 02:51PM
cbelt3
I'm a map editor on Waze. I 'built' a new road they put in the second week it was accessible.

Apparently you can sign up for Google Local Guides, which lets you 'edit' their maps.
Yeah. NVM.. its a social useless yelp wannabe from the corpse of Google plus. Barf.

[maps.google.com]

Oh, and supposedly Apple Maps lets you submit edits in the app.

I enjoy doing the Google Local Guides thing.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 20, 2017 03:59PM
Waze maps like cbelt3 mentioned and Google Drive, but it seems a little higher priority if you are an Android user. You can essentially do your own tour of the development for Google Street View. Drive to the end of the street and take panorama pictures with GPS tagging turned on.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: April 20, 2017 04:15PM
You can also sketch it in on Open Street Map. That's open source data that's increasingly used by a lot of web and mobile apps, and we think the big fish (Google, Here, TomTom, Apple) regularly compare their datasets against OSM to spot needed corrections.
Posted by: billb
Date: April 20, 2017 04:21PM
[www.wbtv.com]

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: April 20, 2017 04:35PM
rgG
bik

No joy. BooHoo. It doesn't give me that option, at least on the app. I need to look at the interface on my mini.

Date: April 20, 2017 04:36PM
Mr Downtown
You can also sketch it in on Open Street Map. That's open source data that's increasingly used by a lot of web and mobile apps, and we think the big fish (Google, Here, TomTom, Apple) regularly compare their datasets against OSM to spot needed corrections.

I'll try that, thanks.
Luckily the new street is just an extension of an already existing street.

Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: April 20, 2017 05:20PM
We moved in to our new build at the end of February and about a week later we had a visit from the Ordnance Survey complete with their GPS on a stick. They took measurements from the corners of the house and the corners of the plot and about ten days later the house and garden are on their online maps. As far as I can see no other map even has our road and Google still shows us as a field.

Paul

Posted by: bik
Date: April 20, 2017 05:26PM
rgG
rgG
bik

No joy. BooHoo. It doesn't give me that option, at least on the app. I need to look at the interface on my mini.

It's there in the normal web interface, but I'm not sure if you have to be logged in with a Google account.

Date: April 20, 2017 05:51PM
bik
rgG
rgG
bik

It's there in the normal web interface, but I'm not sure if you have to be logged in with a Google account.

I'll check and make sure I am logged in.

Date: April 20, 2017 05:52PM
voodoopenguin
We moved in to our new build at the end of February and about a week later we had a visit from the Ordnance Survey complete with their GPS on a stick. They took measurements from the corners of the house and the corners of the plot and about ten days later the house and garden are on their online maps. As far as I can see no other map even has our road and Google still shows us as a field.

Paul

Yep, we are still a big old forest on Google maps. lol.

Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: April 20, 2017 07:10PM
If you want to PM me the location, I'll see what I can do in the various services.

Last month, the manager of a Strasbourg hotel was so grateful when I got Google Maps to move the hotel entrance to the proper street that he comped my breakfast.
Date: April 20, 2017 07:28PM
Mr Downtown
If you want to PM me the location, I'll see what I can do in the various services.

Last month, the manager of a Strasbourg hotel was so grateful when I got Google Maps to move the hotel entrance to the proper street that he comped my breakfast.

PM sent, thanks!

Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 21, 2017 01:00AM
Mr Downtown

But did you get double bacon and Mimosas?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 21, 2017 07:41AM
.....Map......Quest.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 297
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015