Been a year already: Prince
Posted by: DP
Date: April 21, 2017 06:13AM
Hard to believe...

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Been a year already: Prince
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: April 21, 2017 08:10AM
Not too long ago one afternoon i was dialing up a few live vids of Prince..n went upstairs to do some stuff..my wife came home from work and saw the image of Prince in Yellow at the MTV awards doing 'Get Off' on the Youtube page that was cued up on my laptop..

I came downstairs and found her sitting and watching it in a compete fog of tears..hand over mouth, clutching and crying her eyes out..was a stark reminder of how much fun this guy gave us over the years..Our courtship started with the Purple Rain tour > straight into our marriage, many many shows - Prince heavy

..my kids listen to Prince..no wonder cause both of them went to Prince shows while in my Wife's belly..one show at the Chicago theatre..Cream tour..where this black girl came at us in a direct line from across the lobby before the show > huge smile on her face looking at us all the way..and up to my wife..wrapped her arms around this full on pregnant woman dressed to the nines in a sheer see through chiffon blouse with beads, belly and navel - my punky wife wore her pregnancy very well > put her hand on my wife's belly and said "you GO girl" and gave her a kiss on the cheek and then moved on..of course my wife started crying..as she does..LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2017 08:11AM by Kraniac.
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 21, 2017 09:58AM
Drug use/abuse often has that effect. boink smiley

As marijuana laws are eased/rolled back, brace yourself for a deluge of drug-related deaths, especially among young people. sad smiley
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: April 21, 2017 11:16AM
I wonder if that will ever catch up to alcohol-related deaths.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: April 21, 2017 12:40PM
Fairly widely accepted that Prince got hooked on pain killers as a result of chronic pain from a series of hip injuries and re-injuries..In his early days he abused his body doing this James Brown hip drops and slides down and up to 'standing'. He would routinely leap from the risers on stage into hip drop forward splits and then slide back up..brutal.

It's a huge problem = duh..opioids are a scourge and the Pharmaceutical industry does everything they can to keep the flow going..read about the pillshacks in Appalachia..drugs pouring into these places fast and free and distributed into the community in many different ways.not to mention all the other fav pills that are all over the place and easily available-lortab addiction (which the makers call 'mildly addictive' ..Spend some time in one of the Hollows in the south and you'll see pretty damn quick how many folks are in that hopeless cycle..I have..close friend from an Alabama hollow who i used to visit quite a bit.. Everyone is dropping these things..dealing them -it's all they think about..and they get them from 'doctors' who are encouraged to prescribe..there is no doubt about that, Doctors are in a constant stream of drugs coming their way and salespeople who coddle them to..Once your body gets it? you're on that slippery slope where the 'sickness' demands more..duh, again.

Pretty well known also that Prince tried to live clean..When there is a ton of speculation and no real answers out there on whether the guy even smoked weed..pretty sure sign that he most likely does not..though, Prince had a very tight and loyal inner circle..so you never know..but these things always have a way of leaking out.

It's not as simple 'what do you expect when you do drugs'
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 21, 2017 01:03PM
Kraniac
Fairly widely accepted that Prince got hooked on pain killers as a result of chronic pain from a series of hip injuries and re-injuries..In his early days he abused his body doing this James Brown hip drops and slides down and up to 'standing'. He would routinely leap from the risers on stage into hip drop forward splits and then slide back up..brutal.

It's a huge problem = duh..opioids are a scourge and the Pharmaceutical industry does everything they can to keep the flow going..read about the pillshacks in Appalachia..drugs pouring into these places fast and free and distributed into the community in many different ways.not to mention all the other fav pills that are all over the place and easily available-lortab addiction (which the makers call 'mildly addictive' ..Spend some time in one of the Hollows in the south and you'll see pretty damn quick how many folks are in that hopeless cycle..I have..close friend from an Alabama hollow who i used to visit quite a bit.. Everyone is dropping these things..dealing them -it's all they think about..and they get them from 'doctors' who are encouraged to prescribe..there is no doubt about that, Doctors are in a constant stream of drugs coming their way and salespeople who coddle them to..Once your body gets it? you're on that slippery slope where the 'sickness' demands more..duh, again.

Pretty well known also that Prince tried to live clean..When there is a ton of speculation and no real answers out there on whether the guy even smoked weed..pretty sure sign that he most likely does not..though, Prince had a very tight and loyal inner circle..so you never know..but these things always have a way of leaking out.

It's not as simple 'what do you expect when you do drugs'

Yes, he was a complex guy. There was a degree of difficulty in his presentation, which was what he wanted to express to tremendously enjoyable effect. Just wish he had not died so young.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 21, 2017 01:06PM
testcase
As marijuana laws are eased/rolled back, brace yourself for a deluge of drug-related deaths, especially among young people. sad smiley

WTF are you talking about?

There is zero connection between marijuana legalization and increased drug-related deaths among anyone, including young people. Are you being facetious, or just wrongheaded?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 269
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015