Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $156.25 ( +0.27 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
YOO-HOO!!! it's a candy bar!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 26, 2017 08:33AM
Okay, I'm not a huge chocolate freak, and what I like is dark, bitter chocolate.

BUT.. I have always had a thing for Yoo-Hoo chocolate drink (it's great after a saltwater scuba dive). today a student had a bag of - wait for it - Yoo-Hoo Chocolate Bars. OMG!, it's cheap and waxy but it tastes just like the drink. Once I figured out to let it dissolve rather than chew it, I now have a new vice.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: YOO-HOO!!! it's a candy bar!
Posted by: mspace
Date: April 26, 2017 08:50AM
I have a friend who always joked about scotch and Yoohoo. Now he'll be able to dunk it in his scotch.
Posted by: wurm
Date: April 26, 2017 12:33PM
All I remember about the one time I tried Yoohoo (the "drink") is that it tasted like chocolate water. For some reason I was expecting chocolate milk.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: April 26, 2017 12:36PM
wurm
All I remember about the one time I tried Yoohoo (the "drink") is that it tasted like chocolate water. For some reason I was expecting chocolate milk.

Yes that would be my description of it as well.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: April 26, 2017 12:54PM
It literally beckons!

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: April 26, 2017 01:21PM
It's a milk chocolate flavored processed vegetable fat product.

(I still laugh when I see generic Velveeta labelled as "cheese flavored processed food product" or something like that).
Posted by: tenders
Date: April 26, 2017 02:33PM
Velveeta is pasteurized processed cheese food.
Posted by: billb
Date: April 26, 2017 02:43PM
14 teaspoons of sugars, mostly HFCS in each 15 ounce bottle of yoohoo
210mg of sodium per 8 ounce serving ( half the bottle) that's almost 20% of daily recommend if you drink the whole bottle.
They claim the transfats content stays just under the threshold that allows them to report the amount as rounded down to zero. It is not zero.
yuck even before you get to the frothy foaming chemicals that keep it consistently thick, help stop setttling and preserve it all.
There's a tiny bit of whey and cocoa flavor.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: April 26, 2017 04:07PM
Now billb, there you done gone and messed up enjoyment of Yoo Hoo for us. barf smiley

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Date: April 26, 2017 05:01PM
GuyGene
Now billb, there you done gone and messed up enjoyment of Yoo Hoo for us. barf smiley

you're gonna drink it anyway

The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 26, 2017 05:13PM
I noticed "Milk Chocolate Flavored" on the label right away. Flavored? Yikes!

Posted by: GuyGene
Date: April 26, 2017 05:29PM
billb
GuyGene

You missed it. We won't ENJOY it now.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Date: April 27, 2017 03:16PM
GuyGene
billb
GuyGene

You missed it. We won't ENJOY it now.
I missed nothing. There have been no molecular changes to your taste buds.
It's still your choice to potentially live a healthier life (or not) monitoring what you ingest.
Those labels on the sides of consumables aren't there for punitive reasons.

[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: LyleH
Date: April 27, 2017 09:42PM
Our local Dollar Tree (in Oregon) sells yoo-hoo candy bars. I've never bought one. They have a website, so you may be able to order them online. I bought 24 bags of a certain candy once from them and I believe they were delivered to the store for free. LyleH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 271
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015