advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PSA - might want to avoid Spirit Airlines
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 09, 2017 03:53PM
No, they're not dragging people off flights - they're just cancelling them wholesale, leading to customer riots at the airport (!)

Spirit says it's due to labor unrest with Spirit pilots. All I know is that the one time I flew Spirit, it was not worth the savings. I think my legs are still perma-cramped.

YMMV, of course.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PSA - might want to avoid Spirit Airlines
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 09, 2017 03:58PM
I stick to Alaska Airlines if at all possible. They consistently suck less in my personal experience.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 09, 2017 03:59PM
LOL. All airlines are like that. If people on the internet followed through with their threats of boycotting and mock outrage at all the airlines would all fold.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 03:59PM by C(-)ris.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 09, 2017 04:18PM
Everyone in this country is wound so tight these days. It's too damn bad.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 09, 2017 04:19PM
......that's the American Spirit.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: billb
Date: May 09, 2017 04:23PM
Earth to passengers, if the pilot doesn't show up the plane has no autonomous mode.

Rioting and pillaging isn't going to miraculously put a pilot on the plane.

Boo, hiss pilot union, surely you can do better than this.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 09, 2017 04:27PM
billb
Earth to passengers, if the pilot doesn't show up the plane has no autonomous mode.

Yes, the union should just strike, not do a slowdown. I hate it when my 600 MPH plane only flys at 300 MPH.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 09, 2017 04:35PM
What's with the friendly skies over Fort Lauderdale?

[www.nytimes.com]

A Delta pilot became involved in a fight between two women at the Atlanta airport last week, but an investigation by the airline found his actions had helped de-escalate the episode.

In the latest airline episode captured on video, two women can be seen exchanging blows on a jet bridge at the Atlanta airport on April 21 when a Delta Air Lines pilot appears to grab one woman and smack her before stepping back.

In two videos, shared Saturday by TMZ, a woman is seen rushing headlong into another woman. Some expletives are heard and a man says, “Knock it off.” As the women tussle on the ground, the pilot steps in and appears to grab one woman’s arm and then delivers a blow.

A third woman can be seen kicking at the two women and then sitting on them.

Delta officials said in a statement on Saturday that they immediately removed the pilot from duty after being made aware last week of the scuffle, which occurred as passengers were deplaning Flight 1827, which flies between Atlanta and Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

The pilot has since returned to work, Delta officials said, because their investigation revealed that “his actions de-escalated an altercation between passengers.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 09, 2017 04:50PM
billb

Boo, hiss Spirit management, surely you can do better than this.

(Disclaimer - apart from travelling with them once (which was enough!), I have no relationship to Spirit or their pilots)
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: May 09, 2017 05:54PM
I will never fly Spirit again.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: May 09, 2017 06:34PM
I am fully on board with autonomous car development and implementation. Once they are viable, I will fly only if I need to go over an ocean or in a super big hurry.

Posted by: max
Date: May 09, 2017 06:54PM
ztirffritz

Same here....
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: May 09, 2017 06:58PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 07:00PM by pRICE cUBE.
Posted by: gabester
Date: May 09, 2017 10:56PM
I try not to fly. When I must, I fly Southwest. If they don't fly from my origin to my destination... I'll suffer under United or American...
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 09, 2017 11:10PM
pdq
All I know is that the one time I flew Spirit, it was not worth the savings. I think my legs are still perma-cramped.

max
ztirffritz

Same here....

agree smiley

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 10, 2017 12:03AM
I like to fly airlines where the pilots are and staff are treated well (or, as well as can be expected these days)
Posted by: 3d
Date: May 10, 2017 08:17AM
On a recent trip to Colorado I paid 30% more to fly United over Spirit. And this was AFTER the United passenger dragging incident.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: May 10, 2017 09:29AM
ditto.

I primarily fly domestically right now to avoid a 8+ hour drive, since that drive involves passing though two heavily congested urban areas.

But to take the whole family on that trip, flying is nearly 10x the cost of driving.

pRICE cUBE
I am fully on board with autonomous car development and implementation. Once they are viable, I will fly only if I need to go over an ocean or in a super big hurry.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 10, 2017 06:51PM
3d
On a recent trip to Colorado I paid 30% more to fly United over Spirit. And this was AFTER the United passenger dragging incident.

I fly Frontier to Colorado. No frills, just grab a duffle bag that fits under the seat. Small laptop in a sleve inside the duffle. Plenty of room for clothes for a week. $69 round trip from MSP. Pick a seat at the front, board at the last possible minute with some snacks and water. Couple hours on the plane watching a movie on my iPhone and then get off the plane first and off to grab an Uber before most people even have their luggage.

It is going to be interesting next time we go because we are bringing our 4 year old daughter along. Buying a seat for her and using a booster seat on the plane and Uber. She can walk or be carried, no need for a stroller or other nonsense.

Can't believe how much crap the average person brings on a plane. You really can't be without half that garbage for a week?

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: 3d
Date: May 11, 2017 08:24AM
C(-)ris
3d

I fly Frontier to Colorado. No frills, just grab a duffle bag that fits under the seat. Small laptop in a sleve inside the duffle. Plenty of room for clothes for a week. $69 round trip from MSP. Pick a seat at the front, board at the last possible minute with some snacks and water. Couple hours on the plane watching a movie on my iPhone and then get off the plane first and off to grab an Uber before most people even have their luggage.

It is going to be interesting next time we go because we are bringing our 4 year old daughter along. Buying a seat for her and using a booster seat on the plane and Uber. She can walk or be carried, no need for a stroller or other nonsense.

Can't believe how much crap the average person brings on a plane. You really can't be without half that garbage for a week?

If it was just me, I would totally agree with you. Suck it up and rough it for a few hours and save the cash. But I was traveling to Colorado with the wife, 3yo and 6yo. surrender
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018