advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Hey, I just met you and this is crazy But here's my lawsuit, so pay me maybe
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: May 17, 2017 09:57AM
According the The Austin Statesman, Texan local Brandon Vezmar is seeking damages against a woman he met online who texted throughout a screening of #GuardiansoftheGalaxy2 during their first date. He claims his date would not respect his request to stop texting, but left and drove home after he asked her to take it outside.

His demands are simple: to be reimbursed the $17.31 he paid for his date's 3D ticket and pizza dinner:

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hey, I just met you and this is crazy But here's my lawsuit, so pay me maybe
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 17, 2017 10:13AM
Both of them sound like they deserve each other.
Re: Hey, I just met you and this is crazy But here's my lawsuit, so pay me maybe
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 17, 2017 10:21AM
I would have got up and left after she didnt stop, not ask her to leave.

Just beacuse we *can* be accessed instantly doesnt mean we *need* to respond instantly.

Unless the best friend fell down a well (thats a job for Lassie!) how could anyone be "needed right now" -- since Im sure the BFF knew she was on a date.

Although the small claims court is silly, I get the guys point.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: raz
Date: May 17, 2017 10:24AM
Well, the guy is being petty. $17 is a small price to pay to find out you're not interested in seeing someone.

But, the gal is exactly the kind of twit I hate in a movie, restaurant, ... Turn off the damn cell phone. If it's an emergency, take it outside.

If I'm on the jury (and yes, it's small claims and no jury), I find for the plaintiff .

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 17, 2017 10:44AM
Someone is trying to get to Judge Judy.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Dennis R
Date: May 17, 2017 11:10AM
He wants to be reimbursed for the ticket $17 and for the pizza $4. To me that adds up to $21, not $17.31.
Posted by: polychrome
Date: May 17, 2017 12:36PM
I miss the days when cell reception was jammed at theaters. Texting or talking during a movie is rude. Happens at every film I go see. As for the dude threatening a lawsuit, he sounds like a winner. Yeah, both are made for each other.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: May 17, 2017 12:57PM
Hmmm. Maybe I can track down the couple who sat behind me, who brought their noisy toddler to a movie she had no hope of enjoying or understanding.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 17, 2017 01:35PM
Not a love connection.
Posted by: rz
Date: May 17, 2017 01:42PM
ka jowct
Hmmm. Maybe I can track down the couple who sat behind me, who brought their noisy toddler to a movie she had no hope of enjoying or understanding.

What's worse is when it's an "R" rated movie, and people bring their toddlers to it. I forget what movie it was, but a few years back I went to a movie with my wife that was definitely not suited for children. Some couple brought both a toddler and an infant. As far as I know, the infant slept through all of it, but the toddler definitely didn't.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 17, 2017 01:43PM
Swipe left, move on.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 17, 2017 01:47PM
rjmacs
Swipe left, move on.

He ain't ever gonna have a woman for long.
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 17, 2017 02:11PM
Dennis R
He wants to be reimbursed for the ticket $17 and for the pizza $4. To me that adds up to $21, not $17.31.

Maybe he used a coupon on the first date...... dunno smiley
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 17, 2017 03:50PM
He got off cheaply.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Bo
Date: May 17, 2017 06:01PM
Speedy
He got off cheaply.

And likely alone.
Posted by: wurm
Date: May 17, 2017 07:17PM
I still can't get over the $4.00 pizza. Well, maybe it was just a slice.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 18, 2017 11:12AM
Bo
Speedy
He got off cheaply.

And likely alone.

smiley-music039

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: May 18, 2017 12:54PM
Speedy
Bo
Speedy
He got off cheaply.

And likely alone.

smiley-music039

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015