Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $153.46 ( +0.72 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bath, MI Massacre - Deadliest School Murder In U.S. History 90 Years Ago Today
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: May 18, 2017 09:29AM
Talk about unhinged!! What would motivate someone to do such a heinous act? I sincerely hope people like this are burning in Hell for eternity for causing so much grief. sad smiley

[en.wikipedia.org]

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bath, MI Massacre - Deadliest School Murder In U.S. History 90 Years Ago Today
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 18, 2017 09:47AM
This guy's motivations are well known. That doesn't mean they are rational because of course they are not. He was on the school board and thought they had done him wrong. He also had financial problems and was suicidal. I don't believe in "hell," but there are people who create hell on earth, no doubt.

This was a high functioning, intelligent, revenge-obsessed sociopath who got away with violent acts his entire life, including likely the murder of his stepmother when he was 14. He also tortured animals to death. (kinda reminds of Ted Bundy...) He had training as an engineer, so knew how to prepare explosives. It's a horrible tragedy, fortunately we tend to spot these behaviors earlier now and lock people up for their safety (and ours) but people still slip through...
Re: Bath, MI Massacre - Deadliest School Murder In U.S. History 90 Years Ago Today
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 18, 2017 10:35AM
That was a remarkable and singular event. Even today's mass school shootings don't reach that level of death. I confess I had never heard about it until a few years ago. When you slaughter a generation that has no progeny, the event tends to fade from our collective consciousness more readily.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 18, 2017 10:49AM
My mom was talking about this only last Saturday. She recalls her father taking the family to the scene shortly afterwards.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 18, 2017 02:49PM
Norway 2011, not a school, but a camp, and majority were teenagers. 69 peeps.

[en.wikipedia.org]

----

[www.fakesteve.net]
Posted by: CW2V
Date: May 18, 2017 07:31PM
local info

more local info

I read this a few days ago. One article states that the stashed dynamite at the school that did not explode was 700lbs. Only 200 lbs was detonated.

CW2V
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 192
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015