Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Armed Forces Day
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: May 20, 2017 10:20AM
Today. Thank you to our military.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Armed Forces Day
Posted by: riley5108
Date: May 20, 2017 01:49PM
Yes and it's Not even listed on Any of my calendars. Armed Forces Day annually is on the third Saturday of May. I didn't know the following: "Armed Forces Day is also part of Armed Forces Week, which begins on the second Saturday of May."

- Riley
Southern Indiana, B-Town
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 20, 2017 01:50PM
Thanks for the reminder GG.

Thank you, all past, present, and future members of our Uniformed Services. Without you, there'd be no us.

patriot smiley
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: May 20, 2017 08:33PM
As a Vietnam vet, it makes me a bit sad that I'm the one who mentioned it here.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 21, 2017 11:37AM
GuyGene
As a Vietnam vet, it makes me a bit sad that I'm the one who mentioned it here.

Perhaps along a similar line; few are aware that this "honoring" day requires many of the honorees to work to prepare their facilities for civilian visitors, work on that Saturday shepherding those visitors around, and then work cleaning up after the events that were purportedly in their "honor".

facepalm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 200
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020